Aquatic life dimmable hybrid question.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Sorry but no real good update on their controller. I have discussed with one engineer and he mentioned an amplifier. So far all the controllers we have tested work fine except the Kessil. Let me reach out to one of Kessils engineers to see if the have the reason why it will not work.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t be the only one who wants this fixture, but doesn’t need a big, fat, pricy aquarium controller! ;Smuggrin

The ProfiLux Light has 4 1-10 volt outputs.

ProfiLux-Light_Connections.jpg

Lazyreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also in this situation where I’m looking at the hybrid 36” units dimmable and non dimmable and deciding whether the dimming function is necessary? My other question is on the Profilux website for the product listed above it says it can control dimmable and non dimmable lights. So does this allow you to dim the non dimmable version of the aquatic life hybrid light by connecting it or Is that just meaning on/off control. Also, if it just controls the dimmable version that seems like the best option available to control it without buying a whole apex anyone use it for controlling the dimmable version one yet?

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
We have been using the Wi-Fi Light and the Mini Wi-Fi and they do work well. I believe the control feature for the non dimmable would be the on and off outlets on the Mini. I'm not sure how you would control the non dimmable other than that.

We do make the cables to connect to the GHL here so if one is needed let us know or check out the website.

Lazyreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been using the Wi-Fi Light and the Mini Wi-Fi and they do work well. I believe the control feature for the non dimmable would be the on and off outlets on the Mini. I'm not sure how you would control the non dimmable other than that.

We do make the cables to connect to the GHL here so if one is needed let us know or check out the website.
Makes total sense to me! Thank you for the information and the quick reply it really is much appreciated!

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave,
Do you know if the discontinued Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper with their ALC module (Advanced Light Controller ) will work to dim the dimmable hybrid?

Lazyreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have another question that maybe you can answer at the same time as the person above without getting the dimmable version or Powermodule what would you recommend for controlling when the lights turn on and off? Obviously the leds will have the app but the t5’s in the foxture will have to be controlled to for when they come on and off.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Dave,
Do you know if the discontinued Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper with their ALC module (Advanced Light Controller ) will work to dim the dimmable hybrid?
Sorry for missing this. I had a DA controller controlling one of the DX18 in the past no problem. I'm using an Archon unit. I would hope that it would work the same. We still have some DA controller cables too.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I also have another question that maybe you can answer at the same time as the person above without getting the dimmable version or Powermodule what would you recommend for controlling when the lights turn on and off? Obviously the leds will have the app but the t5’s in the foxture will have to be controlled to for when they come on and off.

I have mine setup two ways. One is controlled with an power outlet on the APEX and the other tank I use a timed strip outlet.

erdrick80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine setup two ways. One is controlled with an power outlet on the APEX and the other tank I use a timed strip outlet.

Sorry to revive this thread... But this DX18 IS EXACTLY what I was looking for since I want to get into some SPS.. ON MY 24X24X12 cube tank. I already have 2 kessils A160WE over it and this would be perfect if it came with a built in controller or was able to use the kessil controller...

Do you know if you guys are working on a version with a built in controller? I'm so close to pulling the trigger..but with that GHL controller is almost $700..
For that price, I can just get the Radion GX30G5.. but I already have the kessils and this would be a great set up. So close but so far...

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
At this time we are not. We sold fixtures in the past with built in timers and found customers wanted to control the light with their own controllers. We could not do both easily without added costs.

So this time we simplified the fixtures and made them so that they can be used with multiple controllers using standard 0 -10 V control.

Appreciate you looking. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

erdrick80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this time we are not. We sold fixtures in the past with built in timers and found customers wanted to control the light with their own controllers. We could not do both easily without added costs.

So this time we simplified the fixtures and made them so that they can be used with multiple controllers using standard 0 -10 V control.

Appreciate you looking. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for fast reply.

I'll just get the fixture with that GHL controller, it really isn't an issue. I'm just glad you are able to dim them. I think that is such a good perk.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Are you looking at the GHL ProfiLux Light Wi-Fi? I have one that is use in the office and it works well. If you need the cord to the 3.5 mm on the fixture. Let us know we have them available.

Can you possibly control your Kessil's with the other port on the GHL? So you would only have the one controller?

erdrick80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking at the GHL ProfiLux Light Wi-Fi? I have one that is use in the office and it works well. If you need the cord to the 3.5 mm on the fixture. Let us know we have them available.

Can you possibly control your Kessil's with the other port on the GHL? So you would only have the one controller?

Yes, the ProfiLux Light WiFi controller.

That's a good question I wouldn't know that answer, It would be really cool if it works that way. And that cable that I need would be in your website?

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
We make them for customers are we get requests. So if you need us to make one shoot us an email with your phone number we can give you a call to process.

fwreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts I recently picked one of these fixtures up I planned to just run it at 100% on a timer and then get a controller down the road but mine doesn’t even turn on when I just plug the power cable in

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
You would want to install them by pairs. Inner lamps together with the (I) on the silicon sockets and the Outer lamps (O) for the outer lamps using the silicon sockets. If they are switched it will flash and turn off.

Let us know.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back