Aquatic life hybrid: kessil 360 vs Radion xr30 g4 pro

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the process of planning, specifying and building a system with a display measuring 84"x27"x27".
I am planning on using two 36" aquatic life hybrids fixtures attached to a motorized lifting system. I can't decide if I should use Kessils with the fixture or if I should use the Radions. I currently have 8 Kessil 360we lights, as well as 4 Ecotech Radion xr30 g4 pro lights. I plan on keeping the lights high (12"-16") off of the tank to minimize shading. Which LED (of the two listed) should I choose.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant speak for radions as I've never used them. But I have used kessils with the aquatic life fixture and that would be my choice in lighting ;) do you have an apex or controller to control everything?

OP
OP
mrpizzaface

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant speak for radions as I've never used them. But I have used kessils with the aquatic life fixture and that would be my choice in lighting ;) do you have an apex or controller to control everything?
I do have an apex controller. How many kessils do you think would be appropriate? I was thinking 6.

CoralsAddiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Kessils but their major drawback is...cables (link cables, controller cables). It’s the only reason I stopped using Kessil light. Otherwise I love the shimmer and coral growth. So Radion would be my recommendation.

OP
OP
mrpizzaface

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Kessils but their major drawback is...cables (link cables, controller cables). It’s the only reason I stopped using Kessil light. Otherwise I love the shimmer and coral growth. So Radion would be my recommendation.
I plan on having my lights in a canopy so I am not too worried about the cords. I am leaning towards the Radion, but I am not sure why.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back