Aquatic Life Hybrid With AI Prime HD

tljokerst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at getting one of the Aquatic Life Hybrid fixtures with the LED mounting system because I currently have 2 AI Prime HD's over my 55gal and was wanting to upgrade. Has anyone used Primes with this fixture and how difficult was the install? Also, is there an option for mounting this to your tank/stand rather than hanging it?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at getting one of the Aquatic Life Hybrid fixtures with the LED mounting system because I currently have 2 AI Prime HD's over my 55gal and was wanting to upgrade. Has anyone used Primes with this fixture and how difficult was the install? Also, is there an option for mounting this to your tank/stand rather than hanging it?
I currently use this light matched up with my Kessil AP700 and love it. In order to use it with the AI primes you'll also have to get the AI prime hanging kit as there's nothing on the prime to mount the prime to the t5 fixture. But once you get that mounting and setup is extremely easy. Hanging it is the only way I know of, whether it be from the ceiling or some kind of mounting arms.

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI HD Primes have tank and flex mounts, besides hanging mounts. I use the tank mounts on my 75 Gallon Tank.

543e08af54bfa75b0203ef18ebea2af8.jpg

statru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use this light matched up with my Kessil AP700 and love it. In order to use it with the AI primes you'll also have to get the AI prime hanging kit as there's nothing on the prime to mount the prime to the t5 fixture. But once you get that mounting and setup is extremely easy. Hanging it is the only way I know of, whether it be from the ceiling or some kind of mounting arms.
Hey, Crabs, what are you referring to when you mention the 'AI prime hanging kit'? I just was trying to assemble my new hybrid and ran into that problem myself. There's no holes in the Ai to attach it to the supplied bracket. I just shot an email to AquaticLife to see what their recommendation/work-around method might be, but it's the weekend, so I'll be cooling my heels until at least Monday from the looks of things. Looks like the new light's not getting installed this weekend. And I was SO looking forward to that. :-(

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Crabs, what are you referring to when you mention the 'AI prime hanging kit'? I just was trying to assemble my new hybrid and ran into that problem myself. There's no holes in the Ai to attach it to the supplied bracket. I just shot an email to AquaticLife to see what their recommendation/work-around method might be, but it's the weekend, so I'll be cooling my heels until at least Monday from the looks of things. Looks like the new light's not getting installed this weekend. And I was SO looking forward to that. :-(
You need this to make the prime work with the aquatic life fixture
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ai-prime-hanging-kit-black.html

The bolt then goes through the bracket to mount the light :)

djorijun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have this exact setup on my 25g lagoon.

2 AI Prime HD's and the 24" AL T5 Hybrid. The install was simple, and as mentioned above, you will need the hanging kit to make it work. You will also need to buy a screw to fit the hanging kit hole since it does not come with the necessary screws. I had two laying around and was able to use those.

statru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx, djorijun. Should I be on the lookout for a 1/4" - 3/8 inch long bolt with a small nut for each light? I take for granted that you're referring to the 'top' hole as opposed to the back (side) one. I also guess that it should be aluminum as opposed to steel. Correct?

NakiFantaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a work around for mounting Primes to this Hybrid fixture? REALLY don’t want to buy 3 hanging kits... ;Bored;Bored:confused: is there a Home Depot DIY for this? I don’t mind how it looks as it will be hidden in my canopy.

I am buying the shorter 16 inch brackets and end caps to make the whole unit a bit thinner.. don’t know if that makes a difference.

djorijun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a work around for mounting Primes to this Hybrid fixture? REALLY don’t want to buy 3 hanging kits... ;Bored;Bored:confused: is there a Home Depot DIY for this? I don’t mind how it looks as it will be hidden in my canopy.

I am buying the shorter 16 inch brackets and end caps to make the whole unit a bit thinner.. don’t know if that makes a difference.

I used bendable angle brackets.

Brent72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI HD Primes have tank and flex mounts, besides hanging mounts. I use the tank mounts on my 75 Gallon Tank.

543e08af54bfa75b0203ef18ebea2af8.jpg
With the four you have there’s enough light to reach the bottom? I have a 90 it’s 3 inches taller than a 75 so I was just wondering if they would be good enough for it

Ook Sag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the hanging kit L bracket piece attached to my ai prime. But how do I attach the prime to the T5 fixture? Do I need special screws, my prime mounting kit only came with one long screw and that is supposed to attach the ceiling.

Or do I need to find an additional screw that will hold the ai prime to the T5 fixture?

ry_gon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the hanging kit L bracket piece attached to my ai prime. But how do I attach the prime to the T5 fixture? Do I need special screws, my prime mounting kit only came with one long screw and that is supposed to attach the ceiling.

Or do I need to find an additional screw that will hold the ai prime to the T5 fixture?
Did you find what type of screw you needed? I’m having the same issue

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back