Aquatic Life + ReefBreeders? T5 Hybrid Kits Available Now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

This is for all you T5 Fans who have been asking for hybrid kits! We just confirmed fitment of the Aquaticlife T5 hybrid kits with our Photon V2+ and have kits on the way to our RI warehouse as we speak. All sizes are now listed on our website and are expected to ship on 12/26.

https://www.reefbreeders.com/product-category/t5/

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine! Can't wait to get it! ;)

The combo with your Photon V2 is going to be GREAT! My corals will thrive even more!

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the new T5 lights with my Photon V2 up and running!

Looking forward to even more coral growth.

Thanks @Reef Breeders

C61EFB18-5331-46F7-A9AC-8573A2968FA0.jpeg

Peekay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of ordering the kit to fit my 48" V2+. What bulbs are you guys using with the T5 kit?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of ordering the kit to fit my 48" V2+. What bulbs are you guys using with the T5 kit?

Do it! It's making a difference for sure in my corals!

I got 3 blue + and 1 coral +. Then on my LED turn off all whites, green and red. Then have all blues on 70% about 8" off of water. I ramped up from 50% - 70% over the month and had T5s on 3hrs a day and ramped up to 6hrs over that month.

Peekay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it! It's making a difference for sure in my corals!

I got 3 blue + and 1 coral +. Then on my LED turn off all whites, green and red. Then have all blues on 70% about 8" off of water. I ramped up from 50% - 70% over the month and had T5s on 3hrs a day and ramped up to 6hrs over that month.

Do you think that the brand of bulb matters much? Can you give me a link to the exact bulbs you bought? Thanks!

And don't we still want some whites? Or will the supplemented T5's supply the necessary white/green/red based on the 3 blue + 1 coral configuration?

Last edited:

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think that the brand of bulb matters much? Can you give me a link to the exact bulbs you bought? Thanks!

And don't we still want some whites? Or will the supplemented T5's supply the necessary white/green/red based on the 3 blue + 1 coral configuration?

Well even the blue has a little white but the coral + has white in it. I only had my whites on my led top 20%.. Any more you will get extra algae growth. SO i believe that the T5 whites is enough.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/t5-ati-blue-plus.html
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/t5-ati-coral-plus.html

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also ATI makes good bulbs, I just use them.

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using this fixture with a different brand led, but I'm doing the same thing. I'm almost all blues on the LED through the day. The peak hours get a VERY little white from the LEDs. I used 2 Giesemann actinic, and two super actinic. You have a little white, but the tank kinda glows.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it this kit is no longer offered? Was looking to add an aquatic life fixture to my 32 v2+

Bringing back a zombie.
Yeah we don't carry the full kit, however we do have the 19.5" EU brackets and endcaps, those will fit the Photons in the middle. Another thing that some customers do is simply mount the Photon on top of the default kit- the center braces hold the light in place and the light shines through in-between the T5 bulbs.

EliteSocial

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

This is for all you T5 Fans who have been asking for hybrid kits! We just confirmed fitment of the Aquaticlife T5 hybrid kits with our Photon V2+ and have kits on the way to our RI warehouse as we speak. All sizes are now listed on our website and are expected to ship on 12/26.

https://www.reefbreeders.com/product-category/t5/

This link does not work.

Do you still offer this?

I am considering reefbreeders - had them in the past and loved them.
But will not give up my t5s lol

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This link does not work.

Do you still offer this?

I am considering reefbreeders - had them in the past and loved them.
But will not give up my t5s lol
I only carry the wider center brackets and endcaps now. I will get those posted on the site soon. You can reach out via email to purchase.

The 24" brackets and endcaps will work too, just keep in mind you need to drill out the center brackets so the 6mm bolts will fit. (4 XL bolts are needed).

Another simpler solution is to just sit your Photon on top of the default kit, I will find some photos, I know a few people posted that as well.

Michael-JT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logan,
Can you tell me more about this default kit? Pictures would help, or any link(s)?

Does it work with dual 32's tied with the bars?

Lucardious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only carry the wider center brackets and endcaps now. I will get those posted on the site soon. You can reach out via email to purchase.

The 24" brackets and endcaps will work too, just keep in mind you need to drill out the center brackets so the 6mm bolts will fit. (4 XL bolts are needed).

Another simpler solution is to just sit your Photon on top of the default kit, I will find some photos, I know a few people posted that as well.
Do y'all still offer the brackets? I haven't been able to find them on the website and I'm thinking about doing this with two photon V2 32" pros

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bumping this up in case anyone is thinking about running a t5 hybrid with their photon. This might have already been discussed if so I appologize.
I have a photon 32 v2 pro and an aquatic life 24 inch hybrid. I wanted to add the t5 but did not want to hang the lights. From what I have seen the hybrid is hung the the photon placed on top. I went the opposite and just placed the hybrid on the photon. Works great and looks better than a hanging light IMO happy reefing
20230718_144558.jpg

20230718_144616.jpg

20230718_144628.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back