Aquatic Life Smart Buddie Booster Pump Giveaway!

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untitled-1.jpg

Aquatic Life Smart Buddie Booster Pump Giveaway!

Sponsored by AquaticLife.com

YOUR Water MADE Better - Increase the effectiveness of your RO system, and REDUCE waste water by up to 65%! Reverse osmosis booster pumps are used to increase the pressure going into your RO or RO/DI system which make it operate more efficiently and can decrease consumption of DI resin. Designed as an accessory for Reverse Osmosis units in areas with low water pressure, or for users that want maximum output and the best quality filtered water from their RO systems.

How to Enter:

LIKE the Aquatic Life Facebook Page Here

2. Make a short post and tell Aquatic Life what you like most about the Buddie Booster.

BONUS ENTRY: Take a look at the Aquatic Life website and make an additional post telling us what product you would like to own from their site!

The Prize:
A winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread to win an Aquatic Life Buddie Booster Pump shipped to their door!

aquatic-life-smart-buddie-booster-pump-for-50-100-gpd-ro-systems-902.jpg

aquatic-life-smart-buddie-booster-pump-for-50-100-gpd-ro-systems-bed.jpg

The Smart Buddie booster pump is quiet, easy to install, and can significantly increase water output. Reverse osmosis is a pressure-driven process. Small residential RO units will theoretically operate on very low pressure--down to 35 psi--but the reality is you won't get a lot of water and the product water quality may be compromised if the unit runs below 45 psi. RO units typically run well on municipal water pressure of 60 psi, but they run even better with a small pump to boost the pressure to 80 psi or higher. The increased pressure will also improve the economy of the unit (it will run less reject water) as well as the quality of the water. RO units thrive on pressure!

Features:

• The high pressure switch turns off the booster pump if the filtered water pressure is greater than 33.35 PSI, prolonging the life of the pump.
  • Buddie Fit press-fittings make it easy to plumb tubing into the existing RO system.
  • The sealed pressure pump is low-voltage and powered by the included transformer, which ensures safe, quiet operation.
  • Easily plumb into most reverse osmosis systems to increase water pressure up to 90 PSI and reduce waste water.
  • The Smart Buddie Booster Pump includes an internal automatic flush valve that flushes the membrane for 18 seconds every time the unit is activated. Flushing clears debris build-up on the membrane, and is critical to obtaining peak performance from the RO unit. After flushing filtered water production will begin.
  • Low pressure switch turns off the booster pump if water pressure is less than 7.25 PSI, extending the life of the pump.

Thanks again to Aquatic Life!

*Please note the contest is open until Feb. 16th*

John Carroll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Page was liked previously
2. There are two items that really jump out at me and I'm not sure which one I like more. I'm running a second RO chamber so I have decreased pressure right off the bat. This would solve that problem. One thing that impresses me about this pump is the automatic 18 second flush. I try to remember to flush my system every use but it doesn't always happen. I'm not the only one who turns my system on and I am positive my wife and son aren't flushing the system. The other thing I like a lot is the auto shut off when there isn't sufficient pressure. That little bit of added insurance is an awesome idea.

John

pdt7361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the auto-flush feature the most I think. I rarely remember to flush my system and while I haven't had any issues yet, I know it reduces the life and I should get better at it. Easy for me to get better when this will do it for me! :)

pdt7361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my bonus entry - I'd like to own one of the Pulse LED fixtures. I currently run a 4 bulb T5 and have thought about switching over to all LEDs. I live in a townhouse, so I can't mount anything to the ceiling...which makes an LED strip like this the best choice for me. Plus the LED fixtures looks amazing and has some nice features.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Already liked!

2. I like the idea of a booster pump overall, as my system could benefit from one. The auto flush is also a huge appeal factor!

Andrea Azevedo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love the Buddie Booster. We have had our RO/DI unit for 4 years, and our pressure is always less than 40. It takes 10-12 hours to make 35 gallons. This would improve our unit so much.

Victoriajoybrewer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the built in flush feature. I really need a booster pump my room unit only gets around 40psi

Andrea Azevedo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry...

The booster pumps are the only thing that I would be interested in right now, besides one of the submersible pumps for water changes.

bump3rb33tl3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Page was previously liked.

I have lower water pressure which means it takes several hours just to fill a 5 gallon bucket. This would be of great benefit and save me time and water!

Victoriajoybrewer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry: I am very interested in the MACRO AQUA FLOW SWING MOTORIZED DIFFUSER & WAVEMAKER simple way to increase random flow and it's not going to break the bank

Duy Nguyen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the internal automatic flush valve that flushes the membrane for 18 seconds every time the unit is activated. One less thing I have to do enter my cold garage to turn the flush valve and turn it back is heaven for me.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Page was liked previously
2. not sure if to do the write up for the boaster buddy on here or FB. Ill just do it here. I like that it has an auto flush. Only booster pump that has this addition. I believe it will also give you a 1 to 1 ratio.
3. I have always liked their T5 fixtures, have used the 72" 12bulb on my 180, and now using the 36" 4 bulb on my frag tank, on the hunt for a 48"6 bulb for my frag tank upgrade. I think their flow swing is really innovative, I would like to see how it preforms. Only other product like it would be the sea swirls, at a vastly higher price.

https://www.aquaticlife.com/pumps-and-wavemakers/flow-swing-wavemakers.html

jalmanza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The buddie booster seems super simple to connect and incredibly effective in boosting water pressure. Would love to give it a try.

jalmanza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Facebook liked

BUDDIE BOOSTER posted!

Would love the 44 inch aquatic life pulse led marine & reef aquarium light fixtures.

Mike Lemming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest thing I like about the booster pump is the fact that you don't waste water and that it makes your RODI system last longer! I've been running my unit for about 5 months and need to replace my filters!
Also, my T5 fixture is needing new bulbs and I've got my eye on some new bulbs on your site!
Good contest guys and good luck everyone!

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the auto flush I always forget to do that so that would be very handy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back