Aquatic Life T5HO yes or no?

Mehlvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking into the lighting for the tank I’m building and am wanting to go with a T5 LED hybrid. I have been looking at the Aquatic Life T5HO. Some of the reviews I have read talked about the plastic mounts melting to the bulbs. I’m wondering how common this is? How many people have this fixture and have you experienced this?

reeflife3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had mine for 3 or 4 years, with no issues. It runs everyday for about 8 hours. I recently bought a 4ft tank and plan on buying another one for the 4ft tank

OP
OP
Mehlvis

Mehlvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had mine for 3 or 4 years, with no issues. It runs everyday for about 8 hours. I recently bought a 4ft tank and plan on buying another one for the 4ft tank
Thanks. It’s comforting to know that there are those that have found it successful for that many years. I’m still hoping to find that this is the common experience.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plastic mounts were replaced with metal ones if I remember correctly. I have been using my aquaticlife hybrid for 2 or 3 years now and think it’s great.

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOVE my hybrid and also no complaints. Got them to give me extra pop and par with my Kessils AP700 and it’s the perfect combination. Highly recommend them.

OP
OP
Mehlvis

Mehlvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plastic mounts were replaced with metal ones if I remember correctly. I have been using my aquaticlife hybrid for 2 or 3 years now and think it’s great.
If the plastic mounts are no more, I have no hesitation in ordering it!

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the plastic mounts are no more, I have no hesitation in ordering it!
Are you referencing the clips that hold the bulbs? If so, these were changed to metal.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mounts that hold the bulbs are metal. I've had mine about 2 years and have to replace the end caps plugs on one fixture. Could be my fault as I believe the plug was loose and caused some arcing that damaged the conector and it wont plug into new bulbs.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back