Aquatic Life Twist-In 100 GPD 4-Stage RODI Giveaway! - Drawing Date: Jan 16th

Matrix14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***A little help if connecting to the aquatic life booster*** Hope this helps.

I purchased this the other day and the booster yesterday. The instructions for the booster are very bland and customer service pretty much doesn't exist. I have the 4 stage ro/di twist from aquaticlife as pictured above in this give away. I read the instructions and watched videos and things did not match up with the twist unit. I hooked it up except for the yellow pre filter and the supply. The water was just a drip. As I have never used a ro/di before I had no idea what a flow restrictor was or where it was located, Also I did not know what a pre filter was as well. I did some research and my stage 1 sediment filter was my pre. I also found my flow restrictor was connected to the waste line. So I had to take off my stage 1 filter because there's no room to run the tubing between that filter and the carbon filter stage 2. I also took off my flow restrictor which is where the waste line is connected. I connected my stage 1 filter to the pre filter booster port then the carbon stage 2 filter to the booster supply port. Turn on and boom, works wonderful. Making my water come out much stronger like I had hoped. I attached my pre filter back to the bracket but used the outter screw whole and used a longer screw into wood to make it secure. Reason I have this 4 out of 5 stars is because the instructions are not good for the twist unit and customer service is horrible. But once you get past that the unit itself is awesome. I attached pictures to show the space I made for the tubing for the stage 1 and stage 2 filters. In 1st pic is the unit regular way. The 2nd pic if you noticed I unscrewed stage 1 filter and moved it over to make room for tubing. Pic 3 is how it looks connected to booster. I am flushing out my filter before I put on my last filter, hence only 3 filters in pic. I'm running a test now in a 5 gallons bucket and only taking an hour time fill 5 gallons. Very happy with that. The booster does not come with tubing. Also with the twist unit you need to purchase a water pressure gage, which I have on way. I'm new to this hobby and still learning a lot. I figure the first place to start is with your water source.:)
20161229_182856.jpg
20161231_081641.jpg
20161231_081659.jpg

manuel732

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like that fact that it's very easy
To install and easy to twist the cartridge out. Would love to win this giveaway never
Owned one before...choose me

Bobber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favorite thing about these filters is the ease of use just twist and pull AND NO tools necessary that's huge in my book, great engineering Aquatic Life! Price point is very good as well.

Bobber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus-AQUATIC LIFE RO JUNIOR 100 GPD 3-STAGE REVERSE OSMOSIS SYSTEM And the Buddy Booster would be the 2 items that I'm interested in. Never knew there was a booster for you RO/DI unit.. When I replace my basic aquatic life RO and upgrade to the junior then ill probably make the move and buy the booster. Unless I get picked for contest then I just need to get the booster! Good luck everyone

Spiveysreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liked. Love the easy use of twist. Anything to make tank maintenance easier is always great.

henryhahn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FB Liked
Looks so much easier than my current setup! I literally break out 4 towels and get ready for a day of grief anytime I have to change things out on my current RO. It would make the wife happier as well:cool:

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a really nice addition to the reef aquarium hobby...this helps take the fear of RODI units off the table. This system also allows novice reefers the ability to quickly get started with RODI use and the small foot print means not hearing any complaints by how "ugly" the typical RODI system is (which is one of the biggest +'s you can offer IMO)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back