• Reef Brite

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RSR 525XL and currently running 2 XR30 Gen 5 Blue,s and wanted to add a little extra light for shading for some of my SPS. Ideally, i would add T5s with the Aquatic life, but my wife does not like how bulky it is.

I am considering adding reef brites via the XHO-K15 LED ADD-ON KIT - FOR RADION XR30, since it's much more simplistic and the wife is ok with that. Would adding this help just as well as t5 for shading? Or not worth it at all?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along to see if anybody had feedback. I always loved the XHO’s but I have 5 G5 XR30’s and can’t stand the thought of five more power bricks anywhere

OP
OP
S

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along to see if anybody had feedback. I always loved the XHO’s but I have 5 G5 XR30’s and can’t stand the thought of five more power bricks anywhere

Personally, I like the aquatic life since T5's are great, but the reef brite have such a smaller foot print. Just wanted to see if it can do a similar job at reducing the shadowing before buying 3 myself

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 36” blue XHO’s with a Bluetooth controller from my last tank sitting around. There is just no way to mount 4 48” from RMS mounts with radion’s perpendicular that looks clean. They certainly do help with shadowing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back