Aquatic Life X18 T5 Non-Dimmable anyone?

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I was in the market for a hybrid T5/LED to supplement my Hydra 26's for my 60 inch tank and almost bought the Geisemann model because I hated the Aquatic Life fixture with two cables. Just as I was about to hit purchase on BRS, I decided to look one more time online for alternatives because the Geisemann leaves much to be desired, and a crumby price point to boot. I knew aquatic life made new dimmable fixtures but nothing for 60 inch. I go to their website to see if something is coming soon and find they made a new 61 inch non dimmable. Why does Marine Depot sell this but not BRS? I signed up on marine depot as I usually use BRS, and they sent me a 10% off coupon, how could I resist? lol 60 dollars off... Come on BRS, ahem... I ended up buying it from Marine Depot since they had it.

There is literally nothing on the internet as far as reviews or videos or anything on this lamp. Does anyone have? Can you post pics and feedback? This new one has one cable instead the stupid two cables on opposite ends like the old model. Is that worth the extra 120 dollars though? What else is good about this fixture?

Here is a link to the lamp.
https://aquaticlife.com/products/aq...immable-4-lamp-hybrid-mounting-system-fixture

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I was looking at this. It looks like the same hybrid with a redone frame to make it look better. It still has 2 power cables, just routed out 1 side. It looks nicer, not sure $100 nicer

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
right, im looking into this as well . does the cheaper model have a place to rout the cables for the leds? besides the cords being on one end is that the only difference? its got a little different housing but that doesnt matter to me not for 70 bucks anyways

OP
OP
Cherub

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get this and I do mostly like it. The older model has cords that come out on opposite ends, the new model they both come out of the back on one side making cable management better. The new one doesn't really have an area to run cables though. I don't know if the older model does either. I mean there's space for them where the lights are but there's nothing holding the cables there. Still, I don't see the cables until they come off the side. I had outlets installed on the ceiling and honestly wish I had them somewhere else. My LEDs have these huge power bricks and they are dangling form the ceiling and it's hideous... That has nothing to do with the lamp though.

The new model comes assembled as well, it looks nicer to the eye than the old one and the cables come out of one end, which was why I didn't get the older one. The real negative for me with the new model is that the power cables power one light in the front and one in the back. I think that's pretty annoying. yes some people would want this but not me. I have no reason to light the back of my tank where I never see. The LEDs get it good enough. I wanted to power just the front of the fixture and not have to waste another 160 watts of power plus replacement bulbs for the back of my tank behind the rocks. I was pretty mad about it actually. If something else comes out with a more realistic functionality for me, I will swap it out in a heartbeat. It was either this model or the geismann for me.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 60x36x24 I run the “v1” Aquatic Life Hybrid with the extended side brackets. I have 4 - 26hd’s mounted in mine. Although I went with the 48” fixture because my rock work isn’t completely end to end and against my glass. Cheaper fixture, cheaper bulbs, cheaper electric. I supplement with 2-blue+, and 2-actinic.

SebastianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I was in the market for a hybrid T5/LED to supplement my Hydra 26's for my 60 inch tank and almost bought the Geisemann model because I hated the Aquatic Life fixture with two cables. Just as I was about to hit purchase on BRS, I decided to look one more time online for alternatives because the Geisemann leaves much to be desired, and a crumby price point to boot. I knew aquatic life made new dimmable fixtures but nothing for 60 inch. I go to their website to see if something is coming soon and find they made a new 61 inch non dimmable. Why does Marine Depot sell this but not BRS? I signed up on marine depot as I usually use BRS, and they sent me a 10% off coupon, how could I resist? lol 60 dollars off... Come on BRS, ahem... I ended up buying it from Marine Depot since they had it.

There is literally nothing on the internet as far as reviews or videos or anything on this lamp. Does anyone have? Can you post pics and feedback? This new one has one cable instead the stupid two cables on opposite ends like the old model. Is that worth the extra 120 dollars though? What else is good about this fixture?

Here is a link to the lamp.
https://aquaticlife.com/products/aq...immable-4-lamp-hybrid-mounting-system-fixture
Check this out it’s what I’m outfitting my 26’s with

E1709DE5-85FE-4201-9E04-E0071FEFEE86.png

Back