AquaticLife RODI 100gpd outputting zero water

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I setup an AquaticLife 100 gpd RODI filter to make water for my aquarium. I set the filter up in November and have made approx 250g of water. Now the filter is not outputting any water or even waste water. I replaced the sediment filter and that made no difference. So, I am trying to find any trouble shooting tips.

FYI - my water pressure has been 40psi. It is now showing 0. I just bought a Smart Buddie booster pump but have not connected it yet.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess that something is plugged. Where is the pressure gauge located? Look prior to the gauge. How does the unit get water?

OP
OP
GuppyHJD

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It gets the water from a garden hose bib. I will take the filter apart to figure out where the pressure gauge is in the loop.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must be something out of the wack. On a side note, I got the same unit, not sure if it’s the cold weather, it literally takes almost 2 hours to make a bucket, driving me nuts. It’s around 30 degrees here.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said maybe plugged...bit zero water makes me think faulty check valve.....or possibly if you took any hoses off maybe you put them back together maybe you mixed up hoses. For example if you have mixed up input/output lines on ro membrane then it will completely stop flow because of check valve.

ReeferSpot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must be something out of the wack. On a side note, I got the same unit, not sure if it’s the cold weather, it literally takes almost 2 hours to make a bucket, driving me nuts. It’s around 30 degrees here.
Same here. I was wondering if the cold affects the gpd also. My psi is only 55 though.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. I was wondering if the cold affects the gpd also. My psi is only 55 though.
That’s what I am reading that is due to the cold. I have been using this unit for about two year but just can’t remember it was that slow during last winter. My psi was tested last week at sound 70 psi

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
If the supply of water to the Smart Buddie is restricted or less than 7 PSI the low pressure switch will turn on and stop the pump to protect it. Also, the pressure gauge should be place inline between the Smart Buddie out to membrane and before the membrane. This way you can measure the boosted pressure from the Smart Buddie.

If before the Smart Buddie it will not show much if any increase, just the original water supply PSI.

Temperatures can have a big impact. The attachment from @KStatefan is great reference. We have an average correction factor chart that we use to estimate the production. For both pressure and temperature.

Attachments

• Correction factors Average RO.pdf
    52.3 KB · Views: 107
OP
OP
GuppyHJD

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all - thank you for the replies.
It should not be a temperature issue - I live in SW florida - today was mid 80s.
I decided to install the Booster Buddy. Part of that install was to remove the check valve and flush valve. After the install, I am getting 67 PSI before going into the membrane. I have an additional gauge for the water supply side. I am getting much better water production today.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back