Aquatop 12 long- anyone have experience with this tank?

Rp.McMurphy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked one up for my next build, was only $75 brand spanking new (not on sale, either).

Compared to how much Mr. Aqua tanks run I'm wondering why it's so much less. Looking to hear from those any experience with these tanks.

The edges match up pretty good and the silicone looks great. Am I overthinking it?

IMG_9787.JPG

IMG_9789.JPG

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of that brand, but if that is Starphire glass, you would be hard pressed to even buy the glass to build one of those yourself for that price. So, it at least sounds like a great score for you! Good luck with the build and be sure to share pics in a build thread!

OP
OP
Rp.McMurphy

Rp.McMurphy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of that brand, but if that is Starphire glass, you would be hard pressed to even buy the glass to build one of those yourself for that price. So, it at least sounds like a great score for you! Good luck with the build and be sure to share pics in a build thread!

I will. Still debating what to do for mechanical filtration, if any. Want to keep equipment out for a clean look but don't have room for a sump. I know at least one person has has success going without (WV Reefer?). Considering a HOB and hide it with rocks, or a canister filter with lily pipes. I'm pretty methodical with maintenance so I think any of those could work. Would appreciate any feedback.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will. Still debating what to do for mechanical filtration, if any. Want to keep equipment out for a clean look but don't have room for a sump. I know at least one person has has success going without (WV Reefer?). Considering a HOB and hide it with rocks, or a canister filter with lily pipes. I'm pretty methodical with maintenance so I think any of those could work. Would appreciate any feedback.

I run with just lights, heater and powerheads. :)

OP
OP
Rp.McMurphy

Rp.McMurphy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get it?

Following, BTW.

I bought it at a pet shop in Portland. They have maybe 5 saltwater tanks but mostly freshwater stuff- aquariums are definitely not their focus. I've had my eye on the Mr Aqua tank so was surprised to see this one priced like it was. Looks great to me but thought I'd ask to see if anyone else had one.

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally someone else who has one of these!!! I have the exact same tank. Not saltwater . its a freshwater planted tank. From a looks point of view it definitely stands out.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally someone else who has one of these!!! I have the exact same tank. Not saltwater . its a freshwater planted tank. From a looks point of view it definitely stands out.

I bought mine on Craigslist from someone that used it for freshwater. There are several people that have them on NanoReef.com

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm going to do one of these one day. I love it!

OP
OP
Rp.McMurphy

Rp.McMurphy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Rp.McMurphy

Rp.McMurphy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and the build quality is absolutely excellent: perfect alignment of panels, nice bevels, perfect seams, and minimal visible silicone. You got it for a great price as well!

Yeah- it looks really, really nice. I'm excited. I think I got a deal too. Thanks for the reassurance.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back