Please this is my first tank let me know any feedback good or bad

AA32DDE5-1957-4634-9E28-35313EAB699A.jpeg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Do you have anything breaking the water's surface? You could buy a very small powerhead that hooks up to an Icecap battery backup... then you would be good for a couple of days if you loose power-- and also have better oxygenation overall. I have one of the the same tanks, but I never did set up the skimmer. Is it working well for you? And wouldn't you rather have the thermometer in the back, to have more room in the tank itself? Those are just my observations... but you're doing great so far. ;)

OP
OP
ghostmantank

ghostmantank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Do you have anything breaking the water's surface? You could buy a very small powerhead that hooks up to an Icecap battery backup... then you would be good for a couple of days if you loose power-- and also have better oxygenation overall. I have one of the the same tanks, but I never did set up the skimmer. Is it working well for you? And wouldn't you rather have the thermometer in the back, to have more room in the tank itself? Those are just my observations... but you're doing great so far. ;)
I just have the pump it came with I could point it up more so it breaks the surface a bit. The skimmer seems to be ok I think I need a better work been fighting and algae problem a bit its not to bad but more that I would like. Yes I plan to move the heater to the back for sure. Thanks for the feed back its a scary hobby with how expensive it gets and being brand new just want to get a good stable tank.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget the reason you are doing this in the first place; for the fun and joy of it. So slow and steady, and remember that no matter what you do, your tank will basically be maturing for the next year or so. Your skills get to mature right along with it. ;Happy

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back