Aquatop 40 Recife AIO media basket

Scm186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Neffly4u good evening, came across this feed and hope you are still selling these. I filled out the waiting list. Thank you in advance

lv.nart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Neffly4u hey brotha, read your entire thread here and also when you posted your first "new to reefing" post when you picked up the Aquatop Recife 40 AIO. I'm extremely impressed with your dedication to perfecting your craft, and stoked on everyone else's level of stoke! Do you have a timeframe of when the v3 will be out? I am PayPal ready and looking forward to purchasing one as soon as it is available. Just give me the word and payment will be sent immediately. I'm even open to purchasing one of your older models if they are still available.

***[ just a little backstory on myself, not trying to get sympathy but it helps me when I share, if anyone cares to listen...

My brother has had this Aquatop 40 for almost about 1 year. It was my 5 year old niece's Make A Wish present from the non-profit. She was diagnosed with a horrible brain tumor with a poor prognosis. This tank has been up and down since it was first started, and my brother has been quite frustrated with it.. most fish dying off and more corals failing to thrive than not. It's very sad to see this tank that is supposed to be incredibly beautiful to brighten my niece's eyes, look so dull and depressing at times. Her tumor has come back diagnosed on MRI just last week, and things are beginning to look grave for her, worsening by the day. My brother will be spending the next 7-10 days in the hospital with her to try to figure things out, with no clear answer in sight.

Anyway, I am assuming responsibility of this tank until he gets back. I hope I can figure out how to make this tank finally thrive.. my theory is that the stock sponge and whatever else that came stock with the tank is dragging the tank down. Between store-bought water and Instant Ocean mixes, all the same result with water changes every 1-2 weeks. As I've been reading on your past couple threads, it seems the consensus is running filter floss on top, with a filter sock in the middle (which I think I will fill with either Chemipure Blue or Elite). I am also entirely new to reefing, so any help/tips/suggestion is appreciated.

My goal is to make this tank beautiful (can't say again, because nothing ever thrived since it was first started). I want my brother to look at the tank and enjoy seeing things grow and prosper... but most importantly, if my niece is able to make it home, I want her to see this tank for what it was intended to be. I know this post is excessive all over a single filter compartment, but I'll do whatever it takes to make my brother and niece smile at this point. I can't do anything for them at the hospital, I just want to do whatever I can outside of the hospital, even if it's reefing.

PS I just saw my niece for the first time today since she was admitted, and my emotions and feelings are very raw right now. I'm up past midnight and don't know why I'm choosing to rant on a reef website about my little niece, but my mind is racing, and here I am. This forum is the first place I am putting any of this into words. Thanks for anyone who decided to listen, and my family would appreciate any thoughts and prayers right now

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Neffly4you I’m interested in the 24G, let me know if you are still making them and where to send my payment.

thank you
hello! I'm not selling the 24G model yet. Its almost finished just have to do a test fit and hopefully should be able to get a bunch cut and shipped!

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Neffly4u hey brotha, read your entire thread here and also when you posted your first "new to reefing" post when you picked up the Aquatop Recife 40 AIO. I'm extremely impressed with your dedication to perfecting your craft, and stoked on everyone else's level of stoke! Do you have a timeframe of when the v3 will be out? I am PayPal ready and looking forward to purchasing one as soon as it is available. Just give me the word and payment will be sent immediately. I'm even open to purchasing one of your older models if they are still available.

***[ just a little backstory on myself, not trying to get sympathy but it helps me when I share, if anyone cares to listen...

My brother has had this Aquatop 40 for almost about 1 year. It was my 5 year old niece's Make A Wish present from the non-profit. She was diagnosed with a horrible brain tumor with a poor prognosis. This tank has been up and down since it was first started, and my brother has been quite frustrated with it.. most fish dying off and more corals failing to thrive than not. It's very sad to see this tank that is supposed to be incredibly beautiful to brighten my niece's eyes, look so dull and depressing at times. Her tumor has come back diagnosed on MRI just last week, and things are beginning to look grave for her, worsening by the day. My brother will be spending the next 7-10 days in the hospital with her to try to figure things out, with no clear answer in sight.

Anyway, I am assuming responsibility of this tank until he gets back. I hope I can figure out how to make this tank finally thrive.. my theory is that the stock sponge and whatever else that came stock with the tank is dragging the tank down. Between store-bought water and Instant Ocean mixes, all the same result with water changes every 1-2 weeks. As I've been reading on your past couple threads, it seems the consensus is running filter floss on top, with a filter sock in the middle (which I think I will fill with either Chemipure Blue or Elite). I am also entirely new to reefing, so any help/tips/suggestion is appreciated.

My goal is to make this tank beautiful (can't say again, because nothing ever thrived since it was first started). I want my brother to look at the tank and enjoy seeing things grow and prosper... but most importantly, if my niece is able to make it home, I want her to see this tank for what it was intended to be. I know this post is excessive all over a single filter compartment, but I'll do whatever it takes to make my brother and niece smile at this point. I can't do anything for them at the hospital, I just want to do whatever I can outside of the hospital, even if it's reefing.

PS I just saw my niece for the first time today since she was admitted, and my emotions and feelings are very raw right now. I'm up past midnight and don't know why I'm choosing to rant on a reef website about my little niece, but my mind is racing, and here I am. This forum is the first place I am putting any of this into words. Thanks for anyone who decided to listen, and my family would appreciate any thoughts and prayers right now
I'm sorry to hear all that you are going through. While this isn't a miracle product by any means it definitely was created to make other filter options a viable option. With acquiring this tank you should document your journey on here and get suggestions along the way. When you've made your own thread post a link so we all can check it out. Hope the bet for you in this new journey in your life and better tanks to come!

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for those of you following this thread.

I have spent months on these media baskets with logistics of trying to get material sourced, design changes and financially feasible laser cutting.

After so long of not having much luck I am finally in the end stage. I have purchase a laser for myself, have a BUNCH of these cut out and a few design elements that snuck up in the process.

The 40G media baskets haven't had any issues. I did have on 24G tank that because of Aquatops QC the chamber was barely too small making it a TIGHT fit. Like uncomfortably tight. We shrunk the dimensions a touch to accommodate for this.

I have also noticed that waterbox has released their own 2.75" Filter sock, creating another option for you guys to enjoy!

Attached is a picture with all three media baskets with their respective filters. I have an official innovative marine sock, The amazon comparable sock as well as the waterbox sock.

Let me know what you think! orders will be fulfilled shortly :)
20220418_235221.jpg

NinjaSushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just joined to say I have a 40 Recife as well and I too am looking for better media options.

What is the difference between these three before I buy one? I want to remove the middle media baskets and turn the middle chamber into a refugium. I'm running an angler fish and some coral in my 40 so it's not really a heavy bioload but I want that delicious stability.

Thanks for helping a noob out!

Char.toombes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have spent months on these media baskets with logistics of trying to get material sourced, design changes and financially feasible laser cutting.

After so long of not having much luck I am finally in the end stage. I have purchase a laser for myself, have a BUNCH of these cut out and a few design elements that snuck up in the process.

The 40G media baskets haven't had any issues. I did have on 24G tank that because of Aquatops QC the chamber was barely too small making it a TIGHT fit. Like uncomfortably tight. We shrunk the dimensions a touch to accommodate for this.

I have also noticed that waterbox has released their own 2.75" Filter sock, creating another option for you guys to enjoy!

Attached is a picture with all three media baskets with their respective filters. I have an official innovative marine sock, The amazon comparable sock as well as the waterbox sock.

20220418_235221.jpg
Hey brother, just following up to see when you’ll be putting some of these bad boys out.

jokerjohnson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20220418_235221.jpg
Any of these available? Really would like one.

Back