Aquatop 40 Recife AIO media basket

MarianneS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to put filter floss in the top and do a refigum in the middle so no filter sock. I currently have the inTank one, that I had to drastically cut on the table saw (so scary).

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to put filter floss in the top and do a refigum in the middle so no filter sock. I currently have the inTank one, that I had to drastically cut on the table saw (so scary).
This was designed with having filter floss and media material in the first chamber and using the middle chamber of the tank as a refugium. Just to give the refugium a little more leg room but you definitely could use it however you would like. I've had one request to make it out of black material to keep light out (for a refugium) but haven't made any head room on that yet

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FB_IMG_1624293602043.jpg

My wife sent me this. Thought it was fitting given the USPS loved to squish these things haha

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also are they still available?
Yes! I am currently back logged on getting them shipped out. Had some issues with material and getting them cut out so it's taking longer than normal but should be shipping out this week.

mshaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So happy I found this thread....been going round and round with how to handle this problem. This looks like the perfect solution. Just sent money, can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks!

roccomorra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am brand new to reefing and have just purchased the 40 gallon cube. Replacing the sponge with this looks like a fantastic idea! For a new reefer, what basket configuration would be best to purchase? Are filter socks a hassle to be constantly changing out? How would I go about creating a refugium using this setup? I would like to get off on the best foot possible with this tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back