OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Neffly4u - have you made any of these for the 24g version? The space is 3 3/16" x 2 15/16" x 17 1/4"
I haven't! I've had a handful of people request one though. Looking at the dimensions the width and depth are the same so it's just the height which is different and that I can work with. Thanks for the dimensions! My LFS just got a 24g tank in so I'll run one of the filters over and confirm fitment and we'll see if we can get a smaller version made :)

TekNick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Neffly4u just received my filter basket. Everything looks amazing, no issues with USPS mishandling it at all. I did not get a filter sock with it. Not sure if that is still something that comes with. I know you mentioned in previous posts that it takes a 2" sock. Any idea where I can find those on Amazon or BRS? All I am able to find is the 4" ring socks.

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Neffly4u just received my filter basket. Everything looks amazing, no issues with USPS mishandling it at all. I did not get a filter sock with it. Not sure if that is still something that comes with. I know you mentioned in previous posts that it takes a 2" sock. Any idea where I can find those on Amazon or BRS? All I am able to find is the 4" ring socks.
Good to hear! Sorry for the misunderstanding. It does not come with the filter sock (not everyone wants to use one) it only comes with the shelf that supports a filter sock.

You can purchase them on Amazon, from Salt Water Aquarium or if your LFS is a red sea dealer they can stock them. They come in two filter sizes, 100 micron and 225 micron.

Here is an Amazon link for one

And the other size from Salt Water Aquarium

TekNick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear! Sorry for the misunderstanding. It does not come with the filter sock (not everyone wants to use one) it only comes with the shelf that supports a filter sock.

You can purchase them on Amazon, from Salt Water Aquarium or if your LFS is a red sea dealer they can stock them. They come in two filter sizes, 100 micron and 225 micron.

Here is an Amazon link for one

And the other size from Salt Water Aquarium

Perfect! I appreciate it.

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If so I'd like to get one thank you.
Yes these are still being made! I ran into a bunch of issues last month getting them produced but have since fixed those issues and have been sending them out as they are ordered.

Bravoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes these are still being made! I ran into a bunch of issues last month getting them produced but have since fixed those issues and have been sending them out as they are ordered.
Hello I had a quick question , I just bought one of these from you and read on your post that the dimensions are 3x3
I just picked up my eco 40 with the v2 skimmer a month ago. I measured the opening of my water return and it measures 3” x 2 3/4” did aquatop change the dimensions or did you just give rough measurements?

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I had a quick question , I just bought one of these from you and read on your post that the dimensions are 3x3
I just picked up my eco 40 with the v2 skimmer a month ago. I measured the opening of my water return and it measures 3” x 2 3/4” did aquatop change the dimensions or did you just give rough measurements?
Good question! Those were rough measurements. The actual opening on every new aquatop is 3 1/8" X 2 7/8" we scaled everything back a few thousandths just to correct for manufacturing tolerances.

roccomorra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one of the 40 gallon versions. Your solution to upgrading this filtration component seems to be eloquent. As a noob brand new reefer, my question is what do I put on the media shelf? Would seachem purigen be a possibility? I want to get the best results out of my initial plunge into this hobby.

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question about your caddy- could it be used as a mini refugium?
Possibly. I would lean towards just using filter media in the caddy and turning the middle section into the refugium. It's a lot bigger and would be easier to light

sailor_feddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just waiting for the next round of parts to be cut out, then assembly and shipping. You can send me a PM if you have any specific questions.

You also can send me the $60 via PayPal goods and services and I will update you when it ships :)

Are these still available. PayPal ready

fishnsoldier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

New to reefing and picked myself up a Aquatop Recife 40 AIO. Upon doing some research I realized people recommend ditching the included sponge filter and replacing it with Filter floss and some Matrix or Chemipure Blue. Should be easy right? just head on over to InTankAquatics and....oh wait they don't have one.

Well until anything changes i'm going to make my own. I figure it will be similar to what intank offers.

I figure it will include 3 media trays and will be made out of acrylic and will be sourced out and laser cut.

Would Aquatop owners be interested in a media basket?

Depending on cost of materials I figure between $30-$50.

or if theres another option out there let me know :)

MAIN__98196.1607977689.jpg
V2 has arrived!

Tightened up tolerances.

Made shelves adjustable.

New support braces.

Price will be $60 shipped.

Includes paypal fees, shipping and accessories.

Includes:

(1) 2" filter sock shelf

(2) media shelves

Can mix and match just let me know how many shelves you want and which ones.

20210308_222335.jpg
I would like to purchase one?

Jobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please let me know when the next batch is done. I would love one of these to get rid of that awful sponge.

igotatank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im interested in the 24 gallon version of this media basket. Curious how it is configured without the filter sock (do you possibly have a picture). I'm looking to use it for filter floss, active carbon and ceramics. In the intake first chamber of the tank. To be able to use the third chamber as a refugium with LR and cheato.

igotatank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Neffly4u - have you made any of these for the 24g version? The space is 3 3/16" x 2 15/16" x 17 1/4"

Im interested in the 24 gallon version of this media basket. Curious how it is configured without the filter sock (do you possibly have a picture). I'm looking to use it for filter floss, active carbon and ceramics. In the intake first chamber of the tank. To be able to use the third chamber as a refugium with LR and cheato.

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't currently have a 24G model made. I am in the process of making one and will update with some pictures when i have more to share!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back