Aquatop Recife 40eco

Jr villa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody, I had to tear down my 14 biocube at the beginning of the year. But hopefully everything goes good with a future home buy. In the mean time I picked up an aquatop Recife 40eco. I just picked up a hydra32hd, from another member of this forum. Was hoping I could get some lighting schedules from those of you currently using this light. Plans for future tank is to keep all lps and zoas. I had a kessil last go around. So AI is completely new to me. Picture is from previous owner before I bought it.

DB6D5B75-FA16-43B3-B947-572DE3FC85D6.jpeg

OP
OP
Jr villa

Jr villa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, this was the exact size I wanted before I had to step away from the hobby. Looking forward to getting this baby set up and dialed in

fisherc92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same tank ! good luck ! i have a upgraded return pump in mine, 490GPH and a random flow nozzle, if yours doesnt get a nice PHead down there bottom left

flyhpr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working on my own build thread. I need to update my thread and take some new pictures.
20201018_104412.jpg

fisherc92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also how long have you had your tank?
its 3.5 months into setup. click my profile on here and gop through some of my posts. youll see alot of pictures in there / problems ive run into. not many with the actual tank as far as problems. id say the only one i have is my return pump is so strong it is hard not to have the water within a inch of the top of the aquarium.

JAC-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers friend,

I'm running the same tank. It's about 5 months old now.

I had and am still having issues with the skimmer. No matter what I did with the air flow I couldn't get it to work consistently.

If you find the same problem, I ended up shoving a piece of sponge into the little circular pump inlet to slow the water flow down and that did the trick more or less. Just have to pull it out and clean it every couple of weeks.

I'm moving soon, but after that I'll be building an overhead sump and putting a different skimmer in it as well as some filter socks.

I also replaced the light as soon as I could afford to. I went with a redsea 90w. I had to mount it on the side so I didn't have to remove it every time I wanted to pull out the filter baskets.

The lights work too differently for my settings to be helpfull to you, but I'm sure others will chime in.

Best of luck to you friend.

20201108_121651.jpg 20201108_121724.jpg

fisherc92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers friend,

I'm running the same tank. It's about 5 months old now.

I had and am still having issues with the skimmer. No matter what I did with the air flow I couldn't get it to work consistently.

If you find the same problem, I ended up shoving a piece of sponge into the little circular pump inlet to slow the water flow down and that did the trick more or less. Just have to pull it out and clean it every couple of weeks.

I'm moving soon, but after that I'll be building an overhead sump and putting a different skimmer in it as well as some filter socks.

I also replaced the light as soon as I could afford to. I went with a redsea 90w. I had to mount it on the side so I didn't have to remove it every time I wanted to pull out the filter baskets.

The lights work too differently for my settings to be helpfull to you, but I'm sure others will chime in.

Best of luck to you friend.

20201108_121651.jpg 20201108_121724.jpg
I'm using a 90w reefled on mine as well and having trouble dealing it in. Had it too high now I might have it too low. Care to share your schedule

JAC-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a 90w reefled on mine as well and having trouble dealing it in. Had it too high now I might have it too low. Care to share your schedule
Sure friend,

I will say after the latest firmware update it's a little buggy going back from manual to automatic so watch out for that.

I'm running the attached every day, and I do have the moon cycle turned on.

I ran the acclimation for 50 days starting at 30% and it was really helpful.

That what you were looking for or did you want more detail?

Screenshot_20201108-125757_ReefBeat.jpg

fisherc92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure friend,

I will say after the latest firmware update it's a little buggy going back from manual to automatic so watch out for that.

Thank you. I had the whites at above 50% and blues at 80% and burnt the corals. I had the acclimation on but still toasted em. From what I've read the white is what does it. My current schedule and I'm still waiting for my corals to adjust in a good way.

Screenshot_20201107-230343_ReefBeat.jpg

fisherc92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure friend,

Howd you come up with giving your whites that peak? You think my whites are too low?

JAC-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howd you come up with giving your whites that peak? You think my whites are too low?
You're welcome friend.

I'm certainly not an expert on lighting, but I'd think you should be fine where you are.
My understanding is nothing in the white range is required for the corals, it is just there for people to see. If you go full blue, things look kinda funky. I could be way off on that, but I ran only blue for a few weeks with no issues.

The peak on the whites was actually an attempt to balance out some algae. I didn't want to kill it all but I wanted less of it. It ended up doing what I wanted and I liked it so I kept it going.

Or were you asking how I did it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jr villa

Jr villa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fisherc92 @JAC- thanks fellas. @JAC- i was honestly of doing the same thing you did. Building a canopy for mine. I was thinking of ways to build it where I’d still have easy access to the back chambers. Love the inspiration

JAC-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fisherc92 @JAC- thanks fellas. @JAC- i was honestly of doing the same thing you did. Building a canopy for mine. I was thinking of ways to build it where I’d still have easy access to the back chambers. Love the inspiration
Thanks friend,

Yes the light was shining in our eyes and it made for a unpleasant addition to the room.
All I did was make an L that sits on top of the tank. Luckily for me the tank is in a location where only two sides are primarily visible.

I'd love to see what you come up with.

20201108_140340.jpg 20201108_140255.jpg

OP
OP
Jr villa

Jr villa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of a way that I can mount the hydra 32. But don’t want to add stress to the top of the glass. So that’s what I’m dealing with now lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back