Aquatop Recife 40g AIO Lid

CleanRiversDirtRoads

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone!
Does anybody have any suggestions for the best lid for the Aquatop 40? I’ve found kraken reef and another one on google, that all look VERY nice and professionally made but they all seem expensive for a lid.
If there is a cheaper option, I’d love ti pursue that and redirect that extra $200 or so toward stocking the tank!
Thanks again, everyone!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone!
Does anybody have any suggestions for the best lid for the Aquatop 40? I’ve found kraken reef and another one on google, that all look VERY nice and professionally made but they all seem expensive for a lid.
If there is a cheaper option, I’d love ti pursue that and redirect that extra $200 or so toward stocking the tank!
Thanks again, everyone!
Had you thought about a meshed cover instead of a lid? It would keep your livestock in the tank, help with oxygen exchange, and keep the heat down.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone!
Thanks again, everyone!

Ive had lids custom cut locally by a glass shop for tanks before. Cheap and they look good.

There are also other manufacturers as well if you didn't want to go the DIY approach of a mesh or want something enclosed.

@Tenecor Aquariums does lids, but I believe they are backed up on orders currently from my understanding.

OP
OP
C

CleanRiversDirtRoads

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had you thought about a meshed cover instead of a lid? It would keep your livestock in the tank, help with oxygen exchange, and keep the heat down.
Thank you for your reply! Mesh is actually what I was planning on. I just didn’t know how to make one or where to find one that didn’t just look like screen hanging over the tank. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
C

CleanRiversDirtRoads

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had lids custom cut locally by a glass shop for tanks before. Cheap and they look good.

There are also other manufacturers as well if you didn't want to go the DIY approach of a mesh or want something enclosed.

@Tenecor Aquariums does lids, but I believe they are backed up on orders currently from my understanding.
Thanks for your response! Does cutting it out of glass prevent some of the light spectrum from reaching corals or overheat the water at all? I was thinking screen lid of sorts, but I’m totally open to glass if that is a viable option!

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your response! Does cutting it out of glass prevent some of the light spectrum from reaching corals or overheat the water at all? I was thinking screen lid of sorts, but I’m totally open to glass if that is a viable option!

I don't have any issues. All my tanks have a glass top. 5 out of 7 of my tanks are in my basement though. I don't have any issues though with the 2 that are upstairs.

No issues with coral growth, pH, or heat.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your reply! Mesh is actually what I was planning on. I just didn’t know how to make one or where to find one that didn’t just look like screen hanging over the tank. Any thoughts?
I just bought a screen frame at Home Depot and bought the mesh from BRS. It’s not fancy but it gets the job done.

drywalljohnny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have kraken reek mesh lid works great love it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 106

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back