OP
OP
K

Krishna Ramaraju

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That goes in front of the weir that leads to the first chamber but it makes the water level way to high so I don’t use it
Yes, it's designed to raise the water level and increase water movement. It goes on the outside of the overflow on the top left side (side where the sponge goes). It's good to reduce the green algae/scum that can form if there's not enough flow. But if you're using the stock lighting and covers, you'll have the water literally touching the lights and glass. It only works if you don't use a cover and have replaced the lighting. Not worth it in my opinion. I added a filter floss holder and an extra powerhead and I eliminated all the yucky stuff on the surface.

OP
OP
K

Krishna Ramaraju

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those following this thread, I bought the inTank "Chamber One Media Basket for Waterbox Cube..." Unfortunately, it didn't work. It's really hard to get it captured in a photo, but in the overflow chamber, just below the holes, there's a protrusion that starts on the corner adjacent to the side wall that juts out. The media basket wouldn't fit, and because of the issue being a 2 mm or so protrusion running down the whole side down from the holes, I would have to try to saw a chunk out of the whole thing. I gave up on the media basket, but I was still really tired of the sponge. I decided to try the filter floss holder from InTank as an alternative to the media basket. I had to cut a little chunk out to address the protrusion I mentioned above, but it was doable (see pic below). I then added ChemiPure Blue into the overflow chamber (see pic). My water has cleared up so much since I did this, especially at the top. I also added a Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6015 and that has helped with flow.

Because I'm using ChemiPure Blue now I removed the two Aquatop Media baskets that had phosphate reducing media and carbon media, and added a box of MarinePure balls on top of the two baskets holding the Aquatop bio-media.

Overall I am happy with my mods and recommend them. I am in the apparently distinct minority of Aquatop aquarium owners who are satisfied with the included skimmer. Mine has been great about pulling brown stuff out of the water.

Attachments

• Filter Floss sawed.jpg
    Filter Floss sawed.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Filter Floss.jpg
    Filter Floss.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Protrusion Return Chamber.jpeg
    Protrusion Return Chamber.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 393

matthewm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those following this thread, I bought the inTank "Chamber One Media Basket for Waterbox Cube..." Unfortunately, it didn't work. It's really hard to get it captured in a photo, but in the overflow chamber, just below the holes, there's a protrusion that starts on the corner adjacent to the side wall that juts out. The media basket wouldn't fit, and because of the issue being a 2 mm or so protrusion running down the whole side down from the holes, I would have to try to saw a chunk out of the whole thing. I gave up on the media basket, but I was still really tired of the sponge. I decided to try the filter floss holder from InTank as an alternative to the media basket. I had to cut a little chunk out to address the protrusion I mentioned above, but it was doable (see pic below). I then added ChemiPure Blue into the overflow chamber (see pic). My water has cleared up so much since I did this, especially at the top. I also added a Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6015 and that has helped with flow.

Because I'm using ChemiPure Blue now I removed the two Aquatop Media baskets that had phosphate reducing media and carbon media, and added a box of MarinePure balls on top of the two baskets holding the Aquatop bio-media.

Overall I am happy with my mods and recommend them. I am in the apparently distinct minority of Aquatop aquarium owners who are satisfied with the included skimmer. Mine has been great about pulling brown stuff out of the water.
Yeah I have reached out to a fellow reefer and am having him 3D print me an overflow box if it works I’ll report back

longbeachjw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dimensions don’t look like they will fit but please let us know that would make life easy
Didn’t work. Aquatop website is wrong.

Attachments

• 36E41389-850F-4886-B94C-B51ABA554AF0.jpeg
    36E41389-850F-4886-B94C-B51ABA554AF0.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 7E6BAD89-1CB2-4521-82F7-C1BC00318C7C.jpeg
    7E6BAD89-1CB2-4521-82F7-C1BC00318C7C.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 197
  • B9D52EE1-7E21-46AF-80F0-3E32424DC612.jpeg
    B9D52EE1-7E21-46AF-80F0-3E32424DC612.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 259

longbeachjw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that’s a bummer like I said I have a 3D printed filter floss holder if it works I’m sure the guy that made it can make more for others
It would be some work but I could cut this plastic bracket and make it fit. The overall sock will fit. If I chop the bracket down. Then take the square and cut and glue it, it might work.

matthewm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My filter floss holder that I had someone 3D print came in today and fits great I have the 40gallon don’t know if it would work in the 24 or not

Attachments

• 8C54E456-A782-46CB-8E24-B37485CB5CDF.jpeg
    8C54E456-A782-46CB-8E24-B37485CB5CDF.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 00E360C2-8881-463C-A00D-EE4421D3996A.jpeg
    00E360C2-8881-463C-A00D-EE4421D3996A.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 37981874-403C-46C1-AEE1-C2D473FFE9C2.jpeg
    37981874-403C-46C1-AEE1-C2D473FFE9C2.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 321

matthewm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im willing to try. can you hook me up with the guy. will pay whatever i need to pay.
@Eat_sleep_reef_ on Instagram just shoot him a message and let him now the tank you have and he should be able to make it and send it to you

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how many of you have found a good option for this. I started a thread about making a filter basket for the 40g AIO.

Last edited:

fisherc92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That goes in front of the weir that leads to the first chamber but it makes the water level way to high so I don’t use it
use it to get the layer of "dirt" of the top off the water. for a couple minutes put it inside the display where the water enters the first chamber.

beanjureef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought the same tank as you but I was curious about why you put the skimmer there ?
on the website they say :
Recommended to have hanging bracket hooked on the glass divider between the Protein skimmer chamber and media box chamber. This allows for full raising and lowering adjustments for the perfect skimmate.

Does it work well where you put it ?
it's a fairly loud skimmer

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought the same tank as you but I was curious about why you put the skimmer there ?
on the website they say :

Does it work well where you put it ?
it's a fairly loud skimmer
Everyone has their hand in trying out different positions. I never read the "recommended" placement but that's where mine ended up (between the skimmer chamber and media chamber). If you hang it off the back wall it can't go low enough if your water level drops so that's why it's recommended to use the divider wall.

Jobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a surface skimmer. Made to clean the film that gathers on the surface. Meant to be used for brief supervised periods.

USClell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening, not sure if this is still active but picked one of these up today and am curious about updates, suggestions, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Back