Aquavitro division 500 protein skimmer video

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Im amazed. I have this running with an addition water feed pump. Im using a sicce 0.5. The skimmer is not completly quiet but its great. Lol.
This skimmer has the internal vortex flow ive been looking for. Ive ran big external internal skimmers in the past where you pump so much gph through them it creates a reverse downdraft inside the skimmer. Great for contact time.
This skimmer with the addition water feed pump and new about to be released recirculating kit really does imo give great bang and versatility for its price.
D

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Im amazed. I have this running with an addition water feed pump. Im using a sicce 0.5. The skimmer is not completly quiet but its great. Lol.
This skimmer has the internal vortex flow ive been looking for. Ive ran big external internal skimmers in the past where you pump so much gph through them it creates a reverse downdraft inside the skimmer. Great for contact time.
This skimmer with the addition water feed pump and new about to be released recirculating kit really does imo give great bang and versatility for its price.
D
Looks like once water goes in it never leaves lol. Nice setup

dbdisok

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

D
I am considering this skimmer on a new system with about 125 gallon total volume. What size system and which Division skimmer are you running?

USCfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They hit it out the park with this old school design. The best way to feed it would be straight from the overflow.

OP
OP
monkeyCmonkeyDo

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually overflows are not constant. The return pump is another option off a manifold outlet.
A pump is gph is constant. The overflow is enfluenced from pumps inside the tank. The overflow design. The drain style..Ect.

USCfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RActually overflows are not constant. The return pump is another option off a manifold outlet.
A pump is gph is constant. The overflow is enfluenced from pumps inside the tank. The overflow design. The drain style..Ect.
You understand that only a small amount would feed the skimmer? Like the biggest design calls for a 250 gph feed pump.

It a very easy design that been run for 20+ years. That is very much set and forget. Plumbing from overflow boost performance and is "free".

I have my skimmer and phosban reactor directly plumbed my over flows for 15 years myself.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How often does that bubble catcher bag need to be cleaned? I like the skimmer but that bag is a turn off.

I would think something could be DIY'd as a bubble catcher instead of that bag?

OP
OP
monkeyCmonkeyDo

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clean the bubble catcher and the sponge on the top of it maybe every 3 or 4 skimmer cup cleanings and emptying. Another person has made a downpipe yes for that area. I didn't wanna mess with it. Lol.
D

USCfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be like a filter sock. It looks like it is only there because with these designs; the water has to exit high. But if you run it with the recirc add on you can raise the water level to around that pipe. So you get no noise or bubbles.

I can't stress enough how much better this skimmer is with the recirculation add-on. They claim 30%, and if you plump it from your overflow, it is even more.

If they come out with the new 1200 dc pump version it will be the top skimmer NW design out, imo.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It would be like a filter sock. It looks like it is only there because with these designs; the water has to exit high. But if you run it with the recirc add on you can raise the water level to around that pipe. So you get no noise or bubbles.

I can't stress enough how much better this skimmer is with the recirculation add-on. They claim 30%, and if you plump it from your overflow, it is even more.

If they come out with the new 1200 dc pump version it will be the top skimmer NW design out, imo.

Yes, that's why I like the skimmer overall..............Its a recirculating skimmer with a very nice price point. I would have no desire to run it without a feed pump. Even feeding from the sump it's going to perform better than the standard needle wheels that are so common now.

There were some nice deltecs run from the overflow years back. With most people having Herbies or bean overflows it's easy to match without worrying about inconsistent feeds.

USCfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't even run something that fancy. Just a normal standpipe overflow. I resist the flow on the skimmer intake, so only a little bit of air bubbles enter the skimmer. It's like a free power boost from more air into the skimmer.

The biggest downside for using the overflow is you are feeding the dirtiest water directly into the skimmer. So you get better performance but it get the skimmer very dirty on inside so you have to clean it.

Yes, that's why I like the skimmer overall..............Its a recirculating skimmer with a very nice price point. I would have no desire to run it without a feed pump. Even feeding from the sump it's going to perform better than the standard needle wheels that are so common now.

There were some nice deltecs run from the overflow years back. With most people having Herbies or bean overflows it's easy to match without worrying about inconsistent feeds.
Yep I have an dual aqua bee 2000/1 deltec based design skimmer that has been running for 17+ years.

I just use a normal stand pipe type overflow. My over flow powers my skimmer and my phosban reactor.

The nice thing about feed pump is you can keep the skimmer from getting dirty return water. Either way you get the additional performance from the skimmer pump having no head pressure. The downside to the feed pump is the extra cost of it and the extra power usage.

Most ran mj1200 as feed pumps back in the day.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back