ARC 14 Year Anniversary 30% OFF Aftersale is now live!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we started calling everyone but that wasn’t working well. Especially when your dialing the wrong numbers. So we started to send out emails to try to get the word out.
Did an email go to everyone whose order was supposed to be shipped today for tomorrow delivery? I didn't get one in my inbox or spam folder. I spend enough time on this forum that I quickly knew but I just want to make sure that I won't miss any update emails about when they will be shipped.

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not completely true there are still a few left on the website. I actually may use this delay to pick up an extra one that I was trying to decide on.

Also, just wanted to say I can't wait for the next live sale. I'm sure it varies but roughly how often do you do them?

Same here. I’ve been eyeballing that UFO Micro...

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not completely true there are still a few left on the website. I actually may use this delay to pick up an extra one that I was trying to decide on.

Also, just wanted to say I can't wait for the next live sale. I'm sure it varies but roughly how often do you do them?

We have had 3-4 per year for the last few years. We started doing them in collaboration with TCK since we are neighbors. So there were times when we had 6-8 of them in a year. For us vendors to get a livesale date, we would compete in a livesale for livesale dates. There would be a starting time and first ones to check out got that date. (The tables are flipped) We were only able to get two dates for 2021. Our next one will be in October. But Reef2Reef has opened up more opportunities for the vendors by having Sunday and Monday dedicated sales. So it’s still possible we do another promotion of some kind closer to Summer.

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Heres the graphics from our first two livesales here on Reef2Reef in 2017
99A16FB4-CF71-4D2B-A347-ACF646F3C8C9.jpeg

428CD683-EDEA-40B2-8BEF-41BAE19A1DDA.jpeg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had 3-4 per year for the last few years. We started doing them in collaboration with TCK since we are neighbors. So there were times when we had 6-8 of them in a year. For us vendors to get a livesale date, we would compete in a livesale for livesale dates. There would be a starting time and first ones to check out got that date. (The tables are flipped) We were only able to get two dates for 2021. Our next one will be in October. But Reef2Reef has opened up more opportunities for the vendors by having Sunday and Monday dedicated sales. So it’s still possible we do another promotion of some kind closer to Summer.
I had no idea it was in anyway regulated by R2R. I guess that is the business side of the forum that the average user doesn't see.

Thanks for the info, can't wait for the one in October. Maybe by then my wife won't be annoyed with me for staring at my phone for 20 hours over the weekend.

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we will be following how FedEx performs the rest of this week and then re-evaluate shipping on Monday after Easter.
I’m so sorry about the issues with FedEx... I can only imagine how much work it was having to unpack everything! Geez! My shipping day is this coming Tuesday but please feel free to adjust it to later in the week or next week if you’re slammed trying to get caught up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry about the issues with FedEx... I can only imagine how much work it was having to unpack everything! Geez! My shipping day is this coming Tuesday but please feel free to adjust it to later in the week or next week if you’re slammed trying to get caught up.

Thank you. It was a tough call. It was eight hours of work with 5 guys to prep and pack those orders. We completely close the retail store because we need all hands on deck. It would of been so much easier to slap the labels on the boxes and drop them off to FedEx.

Hopefully the packages that did not get delivered yesterday get delivered promptly today.

jd06351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, would you guys recommend against dipping my corals today since they probably have the additional stress of the extra day shipping?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. It was a tough call. It was eight hours of work with 5 guys to prep and pack those orders. We completely close the retail store because we need all hands on deck. It would of been so much easier to slap the labels on the boxes and drop them off to FedEx.

Hopefully the packages that did not get delivered yesterday get delivered promptly today.
I'm sure I'm not alone in this sentiment but I appreciate that you do what is best for the coral and not what is easiest or most convenient for the buyer.

As others have stated I am perfectly fine having my order delayed as long as need be, assuming you just let me know when it ships so I can make arrangements to be home.

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
always dip.... always.

Always dip, but maybe just use a mild dip. QT tanks are really the best solution. Less stress on the coral to pop them in a 10 gallon tank for a few days. Inspect them, remove plugs or what ever prep work you need to do. Then dip and add to the display. But not everyone has that ability, so dipping is the next best thing.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always dip, but maybe just use a mild dip. QT tanks are really the best solution. Less stress on the coral to pop them in a 10 gallon tank for a few days. Inspect them, remove plugs or what ever prep work you need to do. Then dip and add to the display. But not everyone has that ability, so dipping is the next best thing.
Sadly missed the sale with spring break clashes . Speaking from experience , @A Reef Creation frags are so clean - it’s just a peace of mind to dip and nothing more .

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered live rock that was supposed t

I had some bad experiences recently and as a result purchased a whole new system and will make the 10 gallon nano strictly a hospital/quarantine tank for EVERYTHING that goes into the display tank.

The truth is that even a 10 gallon from Petco (which they have on sale for $10) with a hang on back filter and some light (many have spares anyways) would represent a fraction of an investment that goes into a reef tank. Just my two cents. I learned the hard way. Dipping doesn't always work (looking at you, zoa eating spiders...).

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,
We are being advised to hold off on shipping Monday 4/5 for Tuesday arrival. We were hoping to get some orders out but it's still risky. We unfortunately have 2 boxes that are still not delivered that we shipped last Tuesday. It was the worst shipping disaster I've had in the 20 years I've been shipping corals.
We very much want to get everyone their corals but we want to do it safely. I apologize for the delay.

Here is the alert on the Shipyouraquatics website.

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.28.23 PM.png

email us at [email protected] or message us here if you have any questions.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,
We are being advised to hold off on shipping Monday 4/5 for Tuesday arrival. We were hoping to get some orders out but it's still risky. We unfortunately have 2 boxes that are still not delivered that we shipped last Tuesday. It was the worst shipping disaster I've had in the 20 years I've been shipping corals.
We very much want to get everyone their corals but we want to do it safely. I apologize for the delay.

Here is the alert on the Shipyouraquatics website.

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.28.23 PM.png

email us at [email protected] or message us here if you have any questions.
I have had shipments go bad before and I appreciate you proactive approach, and the communication.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is scheduled for Tues, Wed arrival. I would much rather it be delayed a week than for their to be any potential for shipping delays.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back