ARC 14 Year Anniversary 30% OFF Aftersale is now live!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had 3-4 per year for the last few years. We started doing them in collaboration with TCK since we are neighbors. So there were times when we had 6-8 of them in a year. For us vendors to get a livesale date, we would compete in a livesale for livesale dates. There would be a starting time and first ones to check out got that date. (The tables are flipped) We were only able to get two dates for 2021. Our next one will be in October. But Reef2Reef has opened up more opportunities for the vendors by having Sunday and Monday dedicated sales. So it’s still possible we do another promotion of some kind closer to Summer.

Albeit I think that's an interesting approach to vendors, It definitely is questionable to fairness when I see some vendors having livesale's practically every month.

Would you say this process is fair to you? I'm also curious about the potentiality of a newsletter or outreach on other boards.

Thank you so incredibly much for this livesale ARC. I am just enamored by the value that you brought to the table. I look forwards to visiting in person!

Mav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,
We are being advised to hold off on shipping Monday 4/5 for Tuesday arrival. We were hoping to get some orders out but it's still risky. We unfortunately have 2 boxes that are still not delivered that we shipped last Tuesday. It was the worst shipping disaster I've had in the 20 years I've been shipping corals.
We very much want to get everyone their corals but we want to do it safely. I apologize for the delay.

Here is the alert on the Shipyouraquatics website.

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.28.23 PM.png

email us at [email protected] or message us here if you have any questions.
Guess I'm lucky mine came in on Friday. Thanks for all the communication, such a great livesale, and great packaging ruined by Fedex. Feel for ya. I'll see you next sale.

jd06351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a quick follow up from my delivery last week. It was delayed by one day, but thanks to the superb packing job by arc, everything was in perfect condition. The heat pack was depleted, and the water was a little cooler than I would have liked it to be, but my thanks to arc for such care they take of their customers. Triple bagging everything must have taken you guys forever. Here are a couple pics of the corals I was lucky enough to win. Special thanks for the$5 JF home wrecker, you guys went above and beyond with the$5 corals you offered!!
IMG_20210405_204508.jpg
IMG_20210405_204544.jpg
IMG_20210405_204525.jpg
IMG_20210405_204528.jpg
IMG_20210405_204603.jpg

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any updates for tomorrow? Do you expect to ship last Wednesday's shipments or will there be a longer delay? Please communicate, so we can plan accordingly...

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any updates for tomorrow? Do you expect to ship last Wednesday's shipments or will there be a longer delay? Please communicate, so we can plan accordingly...

We are being told by our shippers to wait until midday Tuesday to see how the flow for Fedex has gone. We also sent out a tester box. Nothing alive. Just some ICP tests, but we sent them overnight in our live coral box just like we would of sent coral. So we will see how things look in 14-16 hours from now. I know that does not give a lot of time for shipping prep on both sides. Our plan is to start packing order with ship modules that were planned for Wednesday 4/7 delivery, and then to see who can receive from last weeks orders that did not fly Wed. for Thursday arrival.

If you have a preference or question email us at [email protected]
You can also call the retail store from 12-8PM EST 716-565-0700
or Text me anytime 716-207-0087

Sorry for the headaches everyone, but let's hope we have smooth sailing this week and we can get these corals out!

Thanks
Randy

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of these boxes are packed already and it was a tough call to make to put them all back in their tanks

549A5A30-35BD-4863-9D1F-22D858ED2F2C.jpeg

3A61E324-15C8-4B8E-8C58-26CA20966646.jpeg

we are calling and messaging everyone to make arrangements to reschedule your orders.
Just catching up on this thread. That is brutal, but a very good call with this precious cargo.

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had 3-4 per year for the last few years. We started doing them in collaboration with TCK since we are neighbors. So there were times when we had 6-8 of them in a year. For us vendors to get a livesale date, we would compete in a livesale for livesale dates. There would be a starting time and first ones to check out got that date. (The tables are flipped) We were only able to get two dates for 2021. Our next one will be in October. But Reef2Reef has opened up more opportunities for the vendors by having Sunday and Monday dedicated sales. So it’s still possible we do another promotion of some kind closer to Summer.
My wife appreciated the 2021 schedule.

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance of a website coral upload this week? Might turn the delay into a positive!

A few pieces went back on the website today. WWC Budgie Smuggler, ARC Angry Birds, CC Pink Highlighter, JF Shock Tart, and a few others.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably not just yet because ship your aquatics/fedex is still having issues. they also have the past orders they need to ship out so its prob a mess over there rn. Best to wait til next week, but they are great at answering dm and emails if you are concerned.

BaseballRuyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word on possible deliveries? I sent an email, but haven’t heard back yet. I have small windows of when I can get a delivery like this

Urtoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not just ARC that are having issues with FedEx. Another post on the front page is talking about all different issues from other shops shipping with FedEx and a lot of DOA.
I will wait until ARC feels comfortable enough to ship. Leave my corals in a safe tank until it’s safe, rather than a cold freight vehicle.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not just ARC that are having issues with FedEx. Another post on the front page is talking about all different issues from other shops shipping with FedEx and a lot of DOA.
I will wait until ARC feels comfortable enough to ship. Leave my corals in a safe tank until it’s safe, rather than a cold freight vehicle.
I agree with this completely. I'm in no hurry to get my order. Although if it was hard for me to get off work anytime I need, to recieve my order I would possibly feel differently.

Last edited:

BaseballRuyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with this completely. I'm in no hurry to get my order. Although if it was hard for me to get off work anytime I need, to recieve my order I would possibly feel differently.
I was just curious. Cuz I work two jobs and only have two days I’m off early enough to bring them inside in time to not worry. So I just was trying to make sure I get the opportunity to get them on one of those days. Usually I’m gone at work from 4am till about 8 pm

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just curious. Cuz I work two jobs and only have two days I’m off early enough to bring them inside in time to not worry. So I just was trying to make sure I get the opportunity to get them on one of those days. Usually I’m gone at work from 4am till about 8 pm
I feel for ya. My last job was like that where I had to give them 2 weeks notice to get a day off that I needed. The job I have now is the exact opposite of that. I'm basically allowed to take off anytime I need or want with essentially no notice at all.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice pieces! I Wish I would have found this thread before the sale. I will definitely try to get on your next sale. Just changed up my frag tank, so I"m trying to find new goodies for it

Back