Archemy's Waterbox 70.2 Reef Build

JFLU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try feeding that frozen food. Or soaking the pellets in selcon.

I use LRS Frozen food. It has active probiotics that help there immune system. I pick up a royal gamma and some green chroma from petco and we all know what they came down with. I fed the LRS food with with selcon and didnt have any issues with them. Maybe it can help out with your fish too.

The food is a little pricy tho. It about 20 for the 4oz pack and 40 for the 8oz pack.

Last edited:
OP
OP
memphissfinest

memphissfinest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried selcon but it clouds the water up so badly that I can’t see the fish to properly monitor them, so I stopped adding it.

I have to say though, hyposalinity has been working wonders! All the fish look amazing, swimming and eating like crazy. Crazy that 2.0ppm copper power did nothing for ich but hyposalinity took it all out immediately. Still have another 20 or so days of hypo then will observe them and finally add fish to my tank.

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running a UV light? I've had real great results running one and have not had issues with Ich especially with my tang.

OP
OP
memphissfinest

memphissfinest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running a UV light? I've had real great results running one and have not had issues with Ich especially with my tang.

No UV. I’ll prefer to eliminate ich in my quarantine tank so that it never gets to my display tank so I never have to worry about running UV on my display tank.

JFLU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No UV. I’ll prefer to eliminate ich in my quarantine tank so that it never gets to my display tank so I never have to worry about running UV on my display tank.
I agree. I got 2 fish in qt right now.

JFLU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issues with them or just going through the quarantine motions and everything looks fine?
No issues do far. I have a yellow eye kole and and a clown. Tomorrow with be the second week in there. Knock on wood but so far so good. Both are eating well.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 70.2 is due to be delivered come Tuesday. Thought I’d check out and follow your build. It’s very nice! We’re you ever able to get the fish in the display?

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also curious about how you like the tank soo far! Im considering this as my next tank. As a matter of fact, i was planning on winning one BUT somebody else messed that up for me haha @LadyMac

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to cycle a tank in 3 days? I used Turbostart 900 and Dr. Tim’s Ammonium Chloride. I dosed the ammonia to 2ppm 3 days ago and then checked my parameters last night and ammonia is at 0, Nitrites are at 0, and nitrates are at 50ppm. I’m confused. I expected to see Nitrites spike and then go back to 0 before seeing Nitrates build up. It’s like the Ammonia went straight to Nitrates.
Did you run all your equipment during this? Skimmer/lights or have them off?? Im Looking to start a 70.2 WB or REDSEA 200XL. Unsure atm

OP
OP
memphissfinest

memphissfinest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 70.2 is due to be delivered come Tuesday. Thought I’d check out and follow your build. It’s very nice! We’re you ever able to get the fish in the display?
Yes, I was able to get all the fish in the tank no problem. Hyposalinity mixed with tank transfer method worked wonders.

Also curious about how you like the tank soo far! Im considering this as my next tank. As a matter of fact, i was planning on winning one BUT somebody else messed that up for me haha @LadyMac
The 70.2 is an awesome starter tank but I got the itch for a bigger tank

Did you run all your equipment during this? Skimmer/lights or have them off?? Im Looking to start a 70.2 WB or REDSEA 200XL. Unsure atm

I ran with all my equipment off besides the return pump and the skimmer was on for a few days to try and break it in.

Sorry I haven't updated this tank in a while but it has been just humming along. I've decided to upgrade to a bigger tank and just purchased a 180.5 Waterbox reef this morning so I will start a build thread for that and start shutting this tank down and selling excess parts once the new tank arrives!

Back