Are any of my corals sick

tokay.gabriela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you could help identify them that’d be cool too, but the green open brain coral looking one has those brown strings out from under it, what’s that maybe a parasite

The weird one that looks like a Duncan has been completely open and seemingly happy but there’s that one closed polyp and it has fuzz and red stuff idk what that’s about so a different bacterial infection or algae or sun

And the frogspawn is dying, idk why or if it has progressed but I had a wall hammer and he was also half dead, idk too if he was progressing but we tried to drag him and it stunk so bad so maybe brown jelly or idk if they usually stink the was also a lot of mucus looking stuff when we put him back in the stank that we took out

Thanks I can’t really tell you anything about parameter other than ammonia is 0 nitrites and nitrates are less than 1 ppm and salinity is like 1.024 and the tank is about a month old

74620302-E0D3-4C3B-AAC9-133ECEC05CE1.jpeg
B510E057-0ADE-4437-AA39-5142B3CCB114.jpeg
80BE39DF-2F19-4E5C-BEE8-20F69D17768F.jpeg

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trachyphyllia geoffori

looks good

Ducanopsammia axifuga

looks good, maybe keep an eye on the algea on the skeleton/stalk, make sure it does not start getting out of control.

Very odd looking euphyllia, shows traits of E. paraancora and traits of E. divsia/paradivisa very odd, I notice there is a dead head, I usually cut those off, the living heads look healthy though, whatever species it is, again, very odd, hybrid maybe?
Not a euphyllia guy so IDK

OP
OP
T

tokay.gabriela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trachyphyllia geoffori

looks good

Ducanopsammia axifuga

looks good, maybe keep an eye on the algea on the skeleton/stalk, make sure it does not start getting out of control.

Very odd looking euphyllia, shows traits of E. paraancora and traits of E. divsia/paradivisa very odd, I notice there is a dead head, I usually cut those off, the living heads look healthy though, whatever species it is, again, very odd, hybrid maybe?
Not a euphyllia guy so IDK

awesome thank you just want to make sure from people with more knowledge than me

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a really cool/interesting hammer/frogspawn/octospawn you got there! I can’t wait to see that guy colored up!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's see those plates too. Strictly for the sake of science ;)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back