Are Bounce mushrooms a faster ROI than Gold, Funds, et Seriously!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m asking this seriously from a math/story problem:
How fast will 4ea $250 bounce mushrooms double your money?
Think that's depends on size, how many frags you can get per shroom, heal time and then demand for the shrooms your fragging. If you wait for them to naturally split you could be waiting forever.

OP
OP
Doctorgori

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think that's depends on size, how many frags you can get per shroom, heal time and then demand for the shrooms your fragging. If you wait for them to naturally split you could be waiting forever.
You mean you could theoretically buy a $200 shroom and chop it immediately (relativley) ?

what is the avg heal time? Can anyone with experience work out a theoretical frag of a bounce within say 1yr to get a approx ROI?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean you could theoretically buy a $200 shroom and chop it immediately (relativley) ?
Absolutely I kinda wish I would have done it myself now. @Daddy-o has a mushroom thread going now he's chopping all his shrooms as he gets them from what it appears. Its going to be interesting to see how fast they heal, how many make it through cut and size of cuts when healed.
Also believe this is all dependant on actual health of shroom before its cut as well as health of system its placed in to heal.
That said I have a couple bounces that are super fast,hardy baby making machines. Sunkist is one of them. Another is a no name I acquired.
All bounces seem relatively easy and super hardy though.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

what is the avg heal time? Can anyone with experience work out a theoretical frag of a bounce within say 1yr to get a approx ROI?
Didn't notice the second question here so to add to it. Most my frags are fully healed and growing in 3-4 weeks. Some foot laceration frags ive been experimenting with have gone from just a tiny piece of foot about eraser size to fully developed miniature shrooms with mouths within a cpl weeks. I think heal time is dependant on health of frag and system as well as particular shroom. Some a fast hardy growers that will reproduce babies by moving them around on racks. Some are super hardy but slow growers and take forever to naturally split if ever. Some wont frag.
Its really dependant on particular shrooms.
That being said I haven't ran across a bounce that wouldnt frag but I haven't tried to cut all of mine.
Furthermore if you find a good deal on a bounce and you can split it in half and sell the frags for original investment price. You could expect to get initial investment back with 3 months at the latest.
If heard of frags melting within the first 3 months for whatever reason.
So ethically id wait for them to heal for 3 months and possible get alot bigger before I sold them.

OP
OP
Doctorgori

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like bounces are not a bad investment risk even at 50% frag loss.
Figure then ROI on a $200 is conservatively 6 mos ROI ... even assuming worse than avg risk
This explains a lot @LRT thanks

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely I kinda wish I would have done it myself now. @Daddy-o has a mushroom thread going now he's chopping all his shrooms as he gets them from what it appears. Its going to be interesting to see how fast they heal, how many make it through cut and size of cuts when healed.
Also believe this is all dependant on actual health of shroom before its cut as well as health of system its placed in to heal.
That said I have a couple bounces that are super fast,hardy baby making machines. Sunkist is one of them. Another is a no name I acquired.
All bounces seem relatively easy and super hardy though.
Yes, I am a shroom cutter. If you frag them properly they should heal and grow quickly. I have probably only cut 20 or so. And knock on wood, none have died or melted. I have a buddy that has fragged 2 OGs and all the pieces died. So I am guessing it can be hit or miss.
Cheers! Mark

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am a shroom cutter. If you frag them properly they should heal and grow quickly. I have probably only cut 20 or so. And knock on wood, none have died or melted. I have a buddy that has fragged 2 OGs and all the pieces died. So I am guessing it can be hit or miss.
Cheers! Mark
Yeah believe it or not wwc og may be the first shroom I ever lose. Not due to anything else but just started to decline and melt away all on its own. Ive heard of success stories of fragging them.
I'm done with them however. There are much more desirable high dollar/ high demand bounces available now either way.
Guess just watch for the latest and greatest, gobble them up before anyone else. Frag them out and bounce shrooms could easily be a great investment on ROI and possibly be a chance to put some extra coin back into the reef or in your pocket for that matter:)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back