Are companies still shipping?

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all the restrictions, how are companies being affected? Are they still able to ship livestock or are they only allowed to maintain their stores?

It’s a great time to QT as I’m home!!!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Fed Ex, and I would have to assume that UPS will be the same, are under the priority businesses to stay open. What they really want is to not have a group of people be in the same place, thus people are allowed to go to work, you may just have a hard time actually going to the LFS and shop. The LFS's that have a online presence will still be able to ship, they just can't open the stores to the general public, if I am reading the stay at home order correctly.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of right now we are still shipping.

Screenshot_20200320-154508_Chrome.jpg

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope for the best, plan for the worst. I would assume shipping to home will get disrupted at some point.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My UPS driver is too busy now, to deliver Air packages. They have an additional driver in my area just for that.

*Alameda County’s Health Officer’s Order:

"For purposes of this Order, individuals may leave their residence only to perform any of the following “Essential Activities.” But people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 and people who are sick are urged to stay in their residence to the extent possible except as necessary to seek medical care.
i. To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety, or to the health and safety of their family or household members (including, but not limited to, pets), such as, by way of example only and without limitation, obtaining medical supplies or medication, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies they need to work from home.
ii. To obtain necessary services or supplies for themselves and their family or household members, or to deliver those services or supplies to others, such as, by way of example only and without limitation, canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, pet supply, fresh meats, fish, and poultry, and any other household consumer products, and products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences."

Ahogue21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping has been slowed but if you plan on ordering from place i would call and make sure they are still shipping of you need somthing asap

Like i shipped an energy bar to neptune early this week and they are shut down currently

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our lfs are deemed essential as they are a pet store..saying this they are closing or reducing hrs...

Drew Halliday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS are having a hard time getting shipments in for me I have tried two different places.

davescj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the Memphis area, I can only tell you that the FEDEX pilots I spoke stated that they are still flying around the world, including countries under QT.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a bunch of stuff from SaltwaterAquarium.com on tuesday night of this past week and it showed up Friday morning no issues.
I’m having an order from Battle Corals shipped on Monday of this coming week as well.

OP
OP
PSU4ME

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. Talked with Michael at NY Aquatics and he’s still shipping so I’ll grab some fish then bunker down for a bit

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a bunch of stuff from SaltwaterAquarium.com on tuesday night of this past week and it showed up Friday morning no issues.
I’m having an order from Battle Corals shipped on Monday of this coming week as well.
Yep. Received an email from SalwaterAquarium that PA has deemed them an essential business and that they will remain open and ship. Placed an order with them on Friday.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Received an email from SalwaterAquarium that PA has deemed them an essential business and that they will remain open and ship. Placed an order with them on Friday.
Yea same as all the local pet stores. They supply needed goods to support life (your pets/fish) so they are all good.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bumping this wondering if anyone has done any overnight coral orders this week and received on time.

I put a dry goods order to Chewy last Wednesday and received it today. It took a week which usually takes a couple of days to me.

krash7172

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like they have waived signatures for delivery even to businesses. I assume this is to prevent clogging distribution centers with undeliverable packages. It will help get deliverable packages to people in need. I personally would expect delays though so probably not a good idea to ship livestock right now.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bumping this wondering if anyone has done any overnight coral orders this week and received on time.

I put a dry goods order to Chewy last Wednesday and received it today. It took a week which usually takes a couple of days to me.
I received corals Monday morning no problem

tuesdayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not Coral, but had fish shipped. Seller dropped them off Monday evening, and I picked them up at the FedEx center Tuesday morning.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still shipping and operating as usual as of 3-26-2020. Specialty pet foods which are not typically found in the grocery store fall into the "essential business" category. We are in daily communications with our Fed Ex rep to assess the situation for food delivery to the LFS, public aquariums and aquaculture facilities we service. For the first time in 8 years we actually ran out of our flagship Reef Frenzy® blend and had backorders into the hundreds of packs this week. LFS are reporting 3-4X the normal amount of frozen food sales over the past two weeks. We've had some stores place orders on Monday and then again on Wednesday so it's been a little hectic around here. We basically blew through a months worth of reserve inventory in a week. We are working OT, including weekends until everything returns to normal.

Our suppliers have assured us that our supply chain of ingredients will remain uninterrupted so we intend to maintain production and shipping until we are mandated not to. Thank you for the support and stay safe out there.

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.02.50 AM.png

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back