Are frags shipped by major vendors packed with oxygen added?

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm taking frags to a fest tomorrow and would like to pack them tonight.They would go in insulated shipping boxes after being packed in deli cups to keep the temp upThey are mostly small 1 to 2 inch sps and lps with a few shrooms.Will the oxygen in the cups be enough to last say 24 hours?It won't actually be 24 more like 15 or so. It would be nice to get the brunt of them packed tonight so i'm not up at 4 am waking up the whole house.Thoughts?

Last edited:

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They guy I buy online from says if he knew his shipments to customers within 24 hours he didn’t add oxygen to the bags. Over 2 years I’ve bought from him everything I received looked awesome. With that said can you package everything up and seal them in the morning before leaving?

OP
OP
mike werner

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They guy I buy online from says if he knew his shipments to customers within 24 hours he didn’t add oxygen to the bags. Over 2 years I’ve bought from him everything I received looked awesome. With that said can you package everything up and seal them in the morning before leaving?
Yes I can but I think i'm gonna start doing it now and just put a lot of water I the containers.i would still like to hear from some more members on this subject.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I can but I think i'm gonna start doing it now and just put a lot of water I the containers.i would still like to hear from some more members on this subject.

People like to ship things last minute for a reason -- Most people would encourage you to pack late, not early. The less time in a bag the better.

Back