Are Green and blue chromis compatible?

Generallyfunperson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the answer is almost definitely no, but im stoll curious for a definite answer. So my question. Would a blue and green chromis school together? I mean like i get why they wouldnt, because theyre different species, however they are both chromis so there is a chance they would.

Even if they wont school together i want to know if they are compatible, because chromis are part of the damsel family. So would they attack each other?

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have one Chromis viridis "Queen Uronema" and one Chromis cyanea "Francois" in a 40-gallon breeder alongside one Ecsenius stigmatura "Feo." The blue green chromis is the boss of the tank and sometimes chases the blue reef chromis, but usually they ignore one another. When they feel threatened or have been introduced to a new environment, they will swim side-by-side. I have heard several reports of these species getting along (though little about them successfully schooling together), so I am hopeful my pair will work out, but I have only kept them for about two months.

Old image from quarantine:
1660778871459.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Generallyfunperson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have one Chromis viridis "Queen Uronema" and one Chromis cyanea "Francois" in a 40-gallon breeder alongside one Ecsenius stigmatura "Feo." The blue green chromis is the boss of the tank and sometimes chases the blue reef chromis, but usually they ignore one another. When they feel threatened or have been introduced to a new environment, they will swim side-by-side. I have heard several reports of these species getting along (though little about them successfully schooling together), so I am hopeful my pair will work out, but I have only kept them for about two months.

Old image from quarantine:
1660778871459.png
Ahh thank you. That makes sense. If they do end up schooling when i get one cool, but i wont expect it from them. Thank you for the answer!!

Upvote 0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back