are my neon goby's sick or is it coloration?

abirozy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I have a 28 gallon jbj nano LED, 30 lbs live rock, 30 lbs live sand, Aquamaxx HOB-1 skimmer, and inline JBJ UV (not turned on). My tank is relatively new and when I added the goby's my levels spiked. I added more bacteria and I think I am going through a mini cycle while my tank catches up but am worried about my fish dying. I have two clowns and just recently added two neon goby's.

QUESTION

1) I have noticed both of my neon Goby's had red on the lower part of their body, just in front of their side swimming fins. (not sure if it is in front or back of the gills). I am hoping this is just one of their organs I am seeing due to their translucent lower body, but am a little worried that it may be bleeding from the gills. I don't think it is bleeding, but it is hard to tell as they are so small. They don't seem to be acting too strange. Just like a fish getting used to tank mates and a new tank.

If anyone can look at my pics and give opinion, that would be great. I tried to take the best pics I could but still pretty new.

Adam
DSC_0168.jpg
DSC_0170.jpg

OP
OP
A

abirozy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for confirming what I suspected. It makes sense to me, but it is great to hear from those that know.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back