Are sump Refugiums supposed to "overflow" into the next chamber?

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, kinda difficult...

My sump is in a 'sump closet'... and though access is fairly easy, photographing it isn't...

Bashsea Smart 3618. 1st compartment, I've pulled the sox out, it's a refugeum only. Pulled the adjustable overflow plate out, fitted a sheet of course black Aquamesh to the entire dividing wall.

Compartment before the sump, which actually came with 4 pieces of aquamesh in it... I have 1 piece of aquamesh, against the outflow wall to the pump. I filled the rest of the compartment with live rock rubble.
That makes sense, I have the 4818, I just did the same layout and was curious about that last chamber before the return. I seem to get way too much particulate to the return with the stock setup. I had thought about marine pure balls in that spot with some type of media I could exchange.

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood...

I don't consider bristle worms a pest, I actively introduce them to any new tank I start, as a valued member of the clean up crew. I realize some people disagree with me on that.

I do, however, have Aiptasia, which most certainly IS a pest. Never seen any in my refugeum, but you know, that doesn't mean much.
I have a few bristle worms as well and never thought anything of them, some are very large, bit I don't have missing fish so they can stay.

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_0036.jpg
is this what you need to make IMG_0037.jpg IMG_0038.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back