Are the new BRS Heaters and Controllers the Best of 2019? We think so!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is perfect. i am in the market for a new heater, and was looking at the finex titanium, but i'd much rather give BRS's titanium heater a try :)

TTNuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t this just an inkbird $30 controller brs is charging $50 for? What’s the differentiation?
Heating element seems nice.

Couple things I saw mentioned:
Replaceable temp probe
.3 degree control
Both outlets are for heaters, not 1 heater & 1 cooler

Bpp124987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the difference with this one:

Inkbird ITC-306T 10A 1200Watts Digital Temperature Controller, Aquarium Temperature Thermostat for Heater with Day Night Control Aquarium Sensor ONLY 2 Heating Outlets

Not clear if the inkbird has a replaceable temp probe. Shrug. it’s clearly a rebranded inkbird, which is cool: I’m a brs fanboy so I’ll pay to support Randy and Ryan and the crew, but $50 for a $30 controller seems... aggressive.

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we unveil the Best Heaters of 2019 and with that, our new Bulk Reef Supply branded titanium heaters and controllers!

We got tired of waiting for a more reliable heater option for our tanks, so we went out and sourced our own. Find out why we voted them as the Best of 2019!

BRS Heater and Controller Combo Packs (Ready to go!)

BRS Heater and Controller Combo Packs (with magnetic mounts)

BRS German Titanium Heating Elements

BRS Heater Controllers

Best Heaters of 2019

Wow those look pretty sweet Randy, I'd agree. Great addition to the BRS product lineup :)

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Classic BRS move: take an existing product sold elsewhere cheaper, slap a brs label on it and bam 40% price increase. As if the hobby isn’t expensive enough already. What kind of long term reliability testing has it gone through? I mean, I have an inkbird but I don’t trust it and fully realize it’s a cheap piece of China made junk that will fail at some point. It’s just a matter of when.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so replacing the temp probe yearly is probably needed, but the controller itself also needs to be replaced yearly too?

the heater is good for 3 years so that's cool i guess, but eh. i guess if quality is really good it's worth it, but hard to see how this isn't inkbird + finnex titanium heater? inkbird for the same price gives you wifi options too..

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, but I have had terrible luck with Inkbird temp controllers drifting on the temperature it's reading. My tank ended up at 71 degrees from 3 different units. I have up on them and went with Ranco. I want to like this but I'm just not sure at this point.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, I have an inkbird but I don’t trust it and fully realize it’s a cheap piece of China made junk that will fail at some point. It’s just a matter of when.

It appears to be an inkbird, no? Just putting new branding on it. But I would assume same internal quality.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears to be an inkbird, no? Just putting new branding on it. But I would assume same internal quality.

I was pretty excited at first but honestly this is exactly what I have with a pretty gnarly markup. No one bats 1k I guess.

jelee01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep... just placed an order! I’m a glutton for new stuff. Lol. Seriously, was time to think about retiring a Cobalt 300W now running for 18 months. The Cobalt has dual elements with extra cords. Pros and cons to dual elements. I’m hoping I won’t be disappointed switching to a single element, though. But like the other features described!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back