Are the salts manufacturer lying to us?

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just found this interesting article, don't know when it was written, but if it was true, it probably still is?
So which salt could we trust?
Also, which salt contain the elements same uranium.. that seems newly to be important for our corals?

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The article clearly has a bias. It is essentially an advertisement for one salt mix and it says all the other ones are not good.

I guess a way to find out would be to mix up your salt and send a sample off to be analyzed for trace elements. You would not even NEED to do this. People report their trace elements all the time here.

Another thing to check is the procedures followed by some of the best people at raising acropora corals like Adam at Battlecorals or Top Shelf or World Wide Corals or ORA or Jason Fox.

OP
OP
Superlightman

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The article clearly has a bias. It is essentially an advertisement for one salt mix and it says all the other ones are not good.

I guess a way to find out would be to mix up your salt and send a sample off to be analyzed for trace elements. You would not even NEED to do this. People report their trace elements all the time here.

Another thing to check is the procedures followed by some of the best people at raising acropora corals like Adam at Battlecorals or Top Shelf or World Wide Corals or ORA or Jason Fox.
yes it seems bias but still his arguments seems to be correct, which procedures battlecorals and the others are using?
I'm wondering if the ati liquid salt is better ,but there is not a lot of information about the minor trace elements? Seems it have just the major?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back