Are there any fish that eat Bispira brunnea?

grady15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! First post here I hope I am doing everything right, currently i have a bit of a "feather duster" problem the species name is Bispira brunnea (see attached picture below). They don't do any harm but i have noticed they are growing between my Zoanthids not allowing them to fully open and around my encrusting corals inhibit growth. Because of this i was wondering is there was any fish that would eat it? Thank you!

unnamed.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! First post here I hope I am doing everything right, currently i have a bit of a "feather duster" problem the species name is Bispira brunnea (see attached picture below). They don't do any harm but i have noticed they are growing between my Zoanthids not allowing them to fully open and around my encrusting corals inhibit growth. Because of this i was wondering is there was any fish that would eat it? Thank you!

unnamed.jpg

From experience a small puffer took mine out as well as vermitids but eventually it started on my acans.
It was a few years ago I think it was a leopard puffer.

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can remove them by hand or at least damage the tubes they live in. They will probably end up dying then. If you like the fan worms to grow elsewhere potentially, then putting in a predator to eat those worms will likely eat all of the worms that may populate areas you would like them to grow.

I've always liked these worms, especially when they grew near the base of live rock in the dark empty lifeless areas.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

Varieties of fish eat these feather dusters, all depends on your tank size. Of the wrasses, IME, Leopard wrasses (Macropharyngodon), Lined (Pseudocheilinus) wrasses, Tamarin (Anampses) wrasse, Halichoeres (Halichoeres) wrasse. There are likely other genus also but I do not have experiences with other genus regarding this mater. They are actually easy meals for wrasses.

Various Centropyge Angels and Copper Band Butterfly (and other butterflies) also eat these feather dusters.

Some of these fishes are easier to keep than other. If you have a mid-size or larger, get one of the Halichoeres wrasse. They are very beautiful and hardy. Please research on needs of the fish before buying them.

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! And welcome to R2R and congrats on your first post!

OP
OP
G

grady15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the welcomes! My tank size is a 65 Gallon mixed reef. I am planning on getting a yellow and purple wrasse hopefully it will have a taste for feather dusters because i have easily over 1000 of them

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need species. Yellow and purple wrasse sounds like a Fairy wrasse and there won’t do. Won’t eat feather duster if that is a Fairy wrasse

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back