Are there Any low profile programmable pico/nano LEDs? Without large power supply

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval V 5 gallon that has the previous gen Current USA programmable reef led. Tbh pretty decent light but I'd like something with more color programing available in the blues.

The one I have used a wall wart (AC/DC) adapter and not a power brick.
I have a Fluval V 5 gallon that has the previous gen Current USA programmable reef led. Tbh pretty decent light but I'd like something with more color programing available in the blues.

I was wondering if there were any other wall wart options out there.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help
Thanks for the bump!!

I think my solution is this power supply

to replace the desktop power supply that comes with the LOOP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210716-221219_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-221219_Chrome.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210716-221111_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-221111_Chrome.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea makes an 8” led bar.
I believe it ramps up and down. But I’m not sure if you can play with the temp.
Interesting. We chose to go with the Fluval marine. Very low profile, nice wide spread, and small wall wart instead of desktop power supply.

Saltydog69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was wondering if there were any other wall wart options out there.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. We chose to go with the Fluval marine. Very low profile, nice wide spread, and small wall wart instead of desktop power supply.
Can you tell me if you got the Fluval Marine Nano Bluetooth (the square one with the clamp on arm)? If it is, is it 5" x 5"? My tank is a 5g that is 16"L and I want to be sure it provides enough coverage. The depth of my tank is about 8" so I know it's fine for that. Also, how high can you raise it above the tank. Their official video is horrible and doesn't show how high it goes and they had it only two or three inches above the tank. I don't know how they feed the tank with it that close to the surface.

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we have a name for this light because I have an 8" by 8" Pico and that would be perfect.
I don't know about that light, however I am in love with the Fluval marine series for pico and nano tanks. I highly recommend you take a look at the Fluval Marine Nano 3.0. the light spread is great for having the light low and close to the water for a low profile/clean look, it's got a few different channels for lots of color possibilities, and the app is pretty good.

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me if you got the Fluval Marine Nano Bluetooth (the square one with the clamp on arm)? If it is, is it 5" x 5"? My tank is a 5g that is 16"L and I want to be sure it provides enough coverage. The depth of my tank is about 8" so I know it's fine for that. Also, how high can you raise it above the tank. Their official video is horrible and doesn't show how high it goes and they had it only two or three inches above the tank. I don't know how they feed the tank with it that close to the surface.
I changed over the Fluval Marine bar instead of the Nano one that's square. It's a great light for longer nano and pico. You can see it on my build thread.

The mount with the Marine Nano 3.0 is pretty good. The Marine 3.0 is only rim mount. However it pairs great with the Current USA LED mount.

Info on build thread here.

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed over the Fluval Marine bar instead of the Nano one that's square. It's a great light for longer nano and pico. You can see it on my build thread.

The mount with the Marine Nano 3.0 is pretty good. The Marine 3.0 is only rim mount. However it pairs great with the Current USA LED mount.

Info on build thread here.

I don't know about that light, however I am in love with the Fluval marine series for pico and nano tanks. I highly recommend you take a look at the Fluval Marine Nano 3.0. the light spread is great for having the light low and close to the water for a low profile/clean look, it's got a few different channels for lots of color possibilities, and the app is pretty good.
Thanks I will check it out

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back