Are there any natural solutions to spaghetti worms and/or vermetid snails?

TyHiggin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have noticed the spaghetti worm and vermetid snail population growing in my tank. When I’m in there cleaning up I will grab a few of the worms from the sand bed but am now also noticing them in my rockscape. Vermetid snails are popping up everywhere too. I’d prefer a natural solution to getting rid of these if possible but I will consider all solutions you guys have. Thanks in advance.

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermitids - I use bumblebee snails and Melanurus wrasses - does not eliminate them completely but keeps the population under control Spaghetti worms - Bicolor Goatfish - he uses his barbels and feels around then stuffs his snout in the ground like a dog chasing a trail and yanks them out.

Now because of those particular fish - we don't have any shrimp because they both take advantage of them when they are molting but the trade off has been worth it

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the bumblebees. I have a emerald crab that rips the vermitids off the rock but only one of my 3 does that.

I used to toothbrush the spaghetti worms since I had a plague of them. Now I ignore them. They seemed to decrease on their own after my tank was about a year old.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back