Are there any Reef Clubs in Raleigh NC ?

ReefLifeTexas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe there used to be, but I haven't seen any recent activity on here, I'm about 2 hours south of Raleigh and I can't find anything in this area either

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just outside of Raleigh here. There is a Facebook group and that’s about it. A club was started not long ago and short lived. The group is called NC saltwater and coral connection.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just outside of Raleigh here. There is a Facebook group and that’s about it. A club was started not long ago and short lived. The group is called NC saltwater and coral connection.
Clearly it's name was it's downfall [emoji6]

I mean I'll start one, just not really sure how......

I'll work on it, keep an eye out for a thread and I'll prob link it here too as well.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's one in Charlotte, NC - RASOC- Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte

BMW540

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most recent failed attempt was “Carolina Reef Keepers”. It started out as a FB group, they had one meeting and the same issues as prior clubs brought this one down too. Clubs never last in the RDU area...

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be in as well. I would guess the hardest part would be finding a group of open minded individuals in this hobby. Some of the people at the LFS in this area that I have talked to need to go to class on how to have open minded discussions especially when you discuss newer methods of keeping a tank.

But I would love to see a group started here to have more than faceless text boxes to talk to! Lol...

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What's the name of the Facebook group ?

BigCitySmallReef

Zoaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to necro this thread, but all links to Raleigh reef keepers seem to be dead :( Maybe we're better keeping up with each other here.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to necro this thread, but all links to Raleigh reef keepers seem to be dead :( Maybe we're better keeping up with each other here.
Yeah I was all ready to start one and then I had a kid........lol.

Reefsmart was fun imo so at least we've had that. I don't know if any of you have heard of this guy named James Fulmer that sells corals (mainly acros). I think he primarily sells on Facebook but I didn't know who he was until last month when a local hobbyist told me about one of his signature acros. Well anyway, he's moving to the area soon so there will be a new source of some sweet sticks. This guy definitely grows some nice acros. Check him out. I'm supposed to be helping him set up his new system when he moves so will get the scoop then and take some pics/videos as well.

James Fulmer - Photos
https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatAmericanReef/

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is an old thread, but I am new to R2R (forums as a whole) and was looking for local reefers in my area. I live in Hillsborough NC and would like to know if there is any kind of club, group, frag swaps, etc...in the RTP area.
I live in Hillsborough, nothing else ckubwise besides what's been listed. You keep acros?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back