Are there replacement fans for xr30 g5 blue fans?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three xr30 g4 pro lights on my SPS tank, running 70% with fans set to run continuously and you can barely hear the fans.

I just installed xr30 g5 blue on my 25G lagoon nano tank running 40% and when the fan comes on is very, very loud. I tried configuring g5 to run fan continuously at 40% but it sounds like the fan is rubbing with a slight grinding noise. Rather ridiculous.

Is there a replacement fan for the g5 that is quiet like the g4s?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
plankton

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have replacement fans at ETM.
Yes but is it the same low quality fan that sounds like a bearing going out or higher quality more silent fan? Anyone try it?
D61B87B6-A19E-458C-9320-921F4D3345AE.jpeg

Last edited:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yes but is it the same low quality fan that sounds like a bearing going out or higher quality more silent fan? Anyone try it?
D61B87B6-A19E-458C-9320-921F4D3345AE.jpeg
I couldn't tell you. All the ones I've had from gen 5 to gen 6 have been silent from new ones to 2 year old used ones.

OP
OP
plankton

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds likenyou just have a bad fan. And depending on when you purchased the fixture, you may still be able to get it replaced under warranty
Someone said it is probably off balance due to dirt/dust. Anything is possible so will try to vacuum/clean fan and see if that helps.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone said it is probably off balance due to dirt/dust. Anything is possible so will try to vacuum/clean fan and see if that helps.
Lots of times this don’t work until you actually remove the fan and clean it physically because the crud does not blow off the blades

OP
OP
plankton

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of times this don’t work until you actually remove the fan and clean it physically because the crud does not blow off the blades
I’ve completely taken my g4 pros apart to do full cleaning with swabs, mini vacuum and compressed air so if have the equipment. I know g5 is a redesign and uses torc screws but does someone have link to video to clean fan of g5/g6 safely?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back