Are these baby tube worms/Sabellidae?

amygetsalife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC1F40B3-BD8B-4E4A-B4F4-30DC0C1D82A6.jpeg

I've done quite a bit of searching r2r and the internet at large. I'm pretty certain they aren't digitate hydroids. The tubes are a bit fragile and don't retract, but will break off if I poke at them. I've ID'd vermatids and spirobids in my tank and these are different....unless spirobids uncurl themselves? Though the spirobids that have popped up in my tank already seem bigger in diameter than these.

I do have a feather duster in my 10 month old tank and an obviously juvenile feather duster has popped up in my Invert QT/frag tank. It was already 2-3 times bigger when I found it though.

I have not seen anything more than a single occasional hair come out of these. Nothing crown like.

If these are feather dusters, do most of them die off as they grow? A natural thinning of the herd? Because I won't have much room for corals if they don't.

Other ideas of what they are? I have checked the critter id sticky.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
BC1F40B3-BD8B-4E4A-B4F4-30DC0C1D82A6.jpeg

I've done quite a bit of searching r2r and the internet at large. I'm pretty certain they aren't digitate hydroids. The tubes are a bit fragile and don't retract, but will break off if I poke at them. I've ID'd vermatids and spirobids in my tank and these are different....unless spirobids uncurl themselves? Though the spirobids that have popped up in my tank already seem bigger in diameter than these.

I do have a feather duster in my 10 month old tank and an obviously juvenile feather duster has popped up in my Invert QT/frag tank. It was already 2-3 times bigger when I found it though.

I have not seen anything more than a single occasional hair come out of these. Nothing crown like.

If these are feather dusters, do most of them die off as they grow? A natural thinning of the herd? Because I won't have much room for corals if they don't.

Other ideas of what they are? I have checked the critter id sticky.
Appears to be but helpful for verification would be clearer pic under white lighting ( assure lens and glass are clean for pic)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back