Are these good for blue and red legg hermits?

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have neglected to add shells to my tanks and my crabs are getting rather big so I fear they will start to kill snails to take their shells. Is this brand if shells any good? How many should I add to the tanks per crab or gallon?

Screenshot_20191005-103439_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I wouldn’t add branded shells since they might be sold as this but still be treated with bad chemicals. You should be able to get some from your LFS for a few bucks or free depending on how your relationship with them is and if they have any spare. I put a bunch in my tank with 3 hermits 1 moved into a new shell, one moved into the others old shell and the other stayed. They have had access to about 5 other shells for a few months now

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I wouldn’t add branded shells since they might be sold as this but still be treated with bad chemicals. You should be able to get some from your LFS for a few bucks or free depending on how your relationship with them is and if they have any spare. I put a bunch in my tank with 3 hermits 1 moved into a new shell, one moved into the others old shell and the other stayed. They have had access to about 5 other shells for a few months now
They only have giant pet hermit shells unfortunately:<

Back