Are these Hydroids?

DragonWrasse103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a year ago I added piece of live rock to my mixed LPS/SPS reef tank that had a patch of very small polyps. I didn't pay too much attention to them at first, but over time they have covered several rocks and have covered a large portion of my back wall. I've done several searches but have not found picture that or description that matches. Any help identifying this and recommendations for removal and/or control?

IMG_7068.jpg IMG_7070.jpg IMG_7071.jpg IMG_7072.jpg IMG_8072.jpg IMG_8078.jpg

Cnidoblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarcothelia

Panacur might be of help

OP
OP
D

DragonWrasse103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. Cnidoblast - It does look like Sarcothelia. I'll do some reading on using Panacur, but I'm concerned what impact it may have on other soft corals and invertebrates in my tank. Do you have any experience using this treatment? I have several zoanthid colonies, a palythoa grandis, bubble tip anemones and multiple other LPS and SPS corals. Otherwise, I am planning to scrape and siphon off the back wall and remove the rocks with the most coverage and try and cover other areas with kalk paste or use aptasia-x.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back