Are these mushrooms a good deal?

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wanting to get some nice/expensive mushrooms, and I really like nice Yumas. Do these seem worth it? AquaSD has 25% off right now, so keep that in mind. The first and last photos are WYSIWYG, and the Godzilla has a little baby. I probably would only get two. I'm leaning toward the first and last one.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 5.59.47 PM.png

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Fwiw, I don't believe that to be a legit "Godzilla" Yuma. The Godzilla has a much more pronounced green ring around the edge of the polyp. I think the price for that one in particular is a bit steep and it's name is a bit misleading as well. It is nice, though.

Buy what you like for prices you believe are fair. Don't worry about the name game.

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw, I don't believe that to be a legit "Godzilla" Yuma. The Godzilla has a much more pronounced green ring around the edge of the polyp. I think the price for that one in particular is a bit steep and it's name is a bit misleading as well. It is nice, though.

Buy what you like for prices you believe are fair. Don't worry about the name game.
Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I didn't think it looked like a 'legit' Godzilla mushroom. So I may steer away from that one just in case. I wasn't sure if it would look better in person, but to me it looks super similar to a much cheaper Yuma.
I'm not super worried about the names, but I was more so worried in case I wanted to sell a frag of the coral and I would barely be able to get anything from it.
But do the first and second shrooms look like they're worth it? I personally really like the first one, and the second one looks pretty cool as well.

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I didn't think it looked like a 'legit' Godzilla mushroom. So I may steer away from that one just in case. I wasn't sure if it would look better in person, but to me it looks super similar to a much cheaper Yuma.
I'm not super worried about the names, but I was more so worried in case I wanted to sell a frag of the coral and I would barely be able to get anything from it.
But do the first and second shrooms look like they're worth it? I personally really like the first one, and the second one looks pretty cool as well.

I really like #1 and #2. But that may be because I already have a ton of #3. Tough to say if they are "worth it" as that is subjective. That stated, I don't find the prices of the first two offensive, especially with 25% off.

If you like them, go for it! But... if your intent is to be able to sell them you may get raked over the coals if you were to try to sell #3 as a Godzilla.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing that matters here is if yoy like them and are willing to pay the price. Its your tank and youre the only one who has to look at it every day. I personally like mushrooms, but not enough to pay designer mushroom prices. But like i said, its not my tank so who cares what anyone else thinks.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've been wanting to get some nice/expensive mushrooms, and I really like nice Yumas. Do these seem worth it? AquaSD has 25% off right now, so keep that in mind. The first and last photos are WYSIWYG, and the Godzilla has a little baby. I probably would only get two. I'm leaning toward the first and last one.
Fair deal- Not a bargain

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lol, silly person. Grab the two in the clearance section, same ones lower prices.

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like #1 and #2. But that may be because I already have a ton of #3. Tough to say if they are "worth it" as that is subjective. That stated, I don't find the prices of the first two offensive, especially with 25% off.

If you like them, go for it! But... if your intent is to be able to sell them you may get raked over the coals if you were to try to sell #3 as a Godzilla.
Yeah, that’s what I thought. Definitely not gonna get the third one. my boss is setting up a frag tank and would have bought the Godzilla off of me, but I’m not gonna get it. I had doubts about it, but I should’ve listened to them instead of looking at the name.
Thank you

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, silly person. Grab the two in the clearance section, same ones lower prices.

…. Ummmmmmmmm…. I didn’t even know they had that section..

vb_reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too was looking at those Godzilla mushrooms when the sale first started, but hard to say if they're "OG". The few that sold did show hints of greens around the rim, but not pronounced green ring like others described. I do agree with others saying, buy what you like and not because of the "name". If you do buy it, post updates haha. Might just turn out to be a "og" godzilla shroom or just a variant that still looks good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 8.55.38 PM.png

Is this worth it? Not sure if anyone has seen anything like this one before.
I really like this one though.
I have never bought any high end corals before so this is crazy for me

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too was looking at those Godzilla mushrooms when the sale first started, but hard to say if they're "OG". The few that sold did show hints of greens around the rim, but not pronounced green ring like others described. I do agree with others saying, buy what you like and not because of the "name". If you do buy it, post updates haha. Might just turn out to be a "og" godzilla shroom or just a variant that still looks good.
Yeah, I think I saw the ones you mentioned. I kinda see now what constitutes a "godzilla mushroom"
I'm not gonna get the "Godzilla", but I might pull the trigger on this one....
1679371211642.png

BASEDVXO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think that’s a Godzilla , I have one and this is what it should look like right next to the bounce
C0667EEF-4F38-46E9-A827-EC6145F4CDAA.jpeg

BASEDVXO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I think you're right. dang that's really nice!
Purple needs to touch green . The thing is some coral stores kinda just name coral random name that sell to sell inventory sucks cause if your not an educated buyer you end up with something completely different non the less still a nice coral . Also I have some Sunkist frag available if your looking for mushrooms

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
840DEFD2-7CC9-48B1-A6B2-B73E2B6D6176.jpeg
83993457-7A38-487F-B5A9-1F69F0A6AA9F.jpeg

Here are a couple of my yumas, the second being a true og godzilla.
AB12A1EC-AE03-4766-A4D8-F98F4DA56000.jpeg
D8FE2417-D207-4FD9-9987-69F8F7B7CDED.jpeg

There here are a couple bounces, incredible hulk and og, with a tequila sunrise rhodactis near the hulk. I think mushrooms are making a comeback, just make sure you are getting exactly what you pay for!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back