Are they better quality today than the past?

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are pricier because they have Cree diodes. I think he still plans on selling the ones with the Bridgelux LEDs that are cheaper.

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recieved a PM from Luke and I think I'll wait for the newer ones he has coming out to see what the par values will be. I want to start with a cheap fixture first (but competitive to others) to see if I want to take the plunge long term. If I like the LED look over the other lighting combo's then I won't mind spending $$$ on them for the long haul.

Seasonedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Josh im not really sure how much you are looking to spend on LED's but I am really loving the REEF brite fixtures. They are salty but man they are super brite and they are really bringing out alot of colors in my corals. I know they are expensive but so far I like them. Only time will tell though. Good luck on your decision.:smile:

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recieved a PM from Luke and I think I'll wait for the newer ones he has coming out to see what the par values will be. I want to start with a cheap fixture first (but competitive to others) to see if I want to take the plunge long term. If I like the LED look over the other lighting combo's then I won't mind spending $$$ on them for the long haul.

I mean roofkios fixture are not subpar at all, there is only on fixture i would take over them the IO's.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
500 a piece OUCH!
i just dont understand why ppl want to pay more for the name.

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Josh im not really sure how much you are looking to spend on LED's but I am really loving the REEF brite fixtures. They are salty but man they are super brite and they are really bringing out alot of colors in my corals. I know they are expensive but so far I like them. Only time will tell though. Good luck on your decision.:smile:

Yeah I really like the look of the Reef Brites, but I hate T5's. I run them on my frag tank and thats about it. I was thinking about mounting 4-12" RB to my Cayman Pendants for the look I want. Might be the way to go.

M and M- I'm not willing to spend that much for an IO fixure. I would go with Reef Koi's first to see if LEDs are the way to go for me.

Nixer- $500 is for Lukes new one. From what I was told and compared to the other "name" brand fixtures, its more powerful and worth it IMO. Just to much for me to "test the water" so to speak

Seasonedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt think i would like t5 either but like them now that i actually have some. Check out my pics in the other thread i started in the LED forum.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back