Are they Purple People Eater or not?

amazinglights

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ppe.jpeg

got these as purple people eater over a year ago. they looked like all the boring ppe ive seen for the past 10 years so i neglected them and almost killed them a couple times. Now they look like this. Are they a type of ppe or?
ppe2.jpeg

OP
OP
A

amazinglights

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly never knew there were different types. I was out of the hobby 8 years and just got in again like 1.5yr ago so I took them as a first coral knowing they were always just green mouth lol.

OP
OP
A

amazinglights

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were always just given away and brown with green mouth thats why i was like what the heck when i noticed the color starting recently after ignoring them.

OP
OP
A

amazinglights

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh dang hopefully they keep that color and keep growing. Like I said, almost just let them die many times because they were always a trash coral in the past and i never saw them get color apparently. I have many sps and lps and other zoas and paly just never knew they were actually beautiful besides being a living animal. I have some sps that was all brown when i got it and now is getting green/yellow on the skeleton. who knows what its gonna do.

OP
OP
A

amazinglights

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@amazinglights try using both yellow and orange filter together sometimes it helps
I only have the poly lab one with the orangish yellow and macro lens which is useless since I have a macro on my phone. Ill prob buy another one with more filters. Which do you recommend?

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the icecap macro lens but the orphek set up is better overall

My phone also has a macro but the shots with the macro lens attachment is better

Stackable Clip-on Multi-Lens Kit for Mobile - IceCap

ORPHEK LENS – 2020 Kit for Smartphones – 4 Included: Macro, CPL 37mm Polarized, 15,000k Orange, 20,000k Yellow – For ALL smartphone models: iphone, samsung, huawei, google pixel, tablets and more!

OP
OP
A

amazinglights

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grabbed one. And im sure theres an optimal setting on lighting channels for pics lol who knows what this is. I've got a reef breeders photon 48v2+ if anyone has any pointers.

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grabbed one. And im sure theres an optimal setting on lighting channels for pics lol who knows what this is. I've got a reef breeders photon 48v2+ if anyone has any pointers.
I run three AI primes all blue. Usually when I take pictures phone is flat against glass.
I believe using both lenses helps bring colors out better.

mandarin my pictures look like what I see.

it might also be placement in tank

Back