Are white Waterbox stands now black on the inside?

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you may be right. and thats all that matters what it looks like closed. but when i ordered it i just expected it all white and id prefer it all white. BTW @hart24601 . i need to take some classes from you on this built or im gonna tank. (like what i did there) ahaha. looked at your tank spotlight.

dreaming on

OP
OP
N2950H

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white Frag 80.4 I ordered last month has been back ordered and now it's not due to arrive until sometime in July. I wish the LFS I ordered it through would have told me that, but after a couple weeks of no callbacks I decided to reach out directly to the source and that's when I was told no white cabinets are shipping until July. When I asked if there was any possibility of getting an all white cabinet, she said she'd make it happen. So I don't know what that means, if she's doing me a favor or if they decided to revert back.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my 100.3 last week and the inside stand is black, however having painted a stand once totally white imo the black is 100% an upgrade as you have far more contrast inside the stand when working. It's still a white stand. I give Waterbox props on upgrading their designs based on feedback, they redid them this year to glass overflow, large rear cut out on back of stand due to complaints about humidity and black interior for visibility. Some pics.

05B5F19A-8971-482C-A240-A6C57CA849EE.jpeg
AC7C87C4-3FB7-49C8-925E-30F30F901D47.jpeg
E0E2966E-41C7-4F77-9FD2-B60DCCAD11CC.jpeg

OP
OP
N2950H

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my 100.3 last week and the inside stand is black, however having painted a stand once totally white imo the black is 100% an upgrade as you have far more contrast inside the stand when working. It's still a white stand. I give Waterbox props on upgrading their designs based on feedback, they redid them this year to glass overflow, large rear cut out on back of stand due to complaints about humidity and black interior for visibility. Some pics.

05B5F19A-8971-482C-A240-A6C57CA849EE.jpeg
AC7C87C4-3FB7-49C8-925E-30F30F901D47.jpeg
E0E2966E-41C7-4F77-9FD2-B60DCCAD11CC.jpeg

Not sure I understand the contrasting colors making it easier to work inside the cabinet?

My gripe was purely aesthetic, that black piece horizontally below the tank looks bad on a white tank.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you see it on mine with doors closed?

White interior reflects light quite a bit so if you have a fuge light it's blinding, water spills and salt creep are hard to see and overall it's just harder to make out details in my opinion. Of course that's just my opinion. They very well might switch back since it seems people are really shook by the change.

OP
OP
N2950H

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you see it on mine with doors closed?

White interior reflects light quite a bit so if you have a fuge light it's blinding, water spills and salt creep are hard to see and overall it's just harder to make out details in my opinion. Of course that's just my opinion. They very well might switch back since it seems people are really shook by the change.

I guess in my mind I was thinking the white would hide the salt creep better. :)

In all seriousness, it really doesn't matter. Like you said, you can't see it with the door closed. I just have some OCD tendencies and am weird like that. For example, I recently built a large powdercoat oven and one of the galvanized sheets I bought to skin it with was cut 4" too short which I didn't realize until I got home. I easily could have used that for the back panel with a scrap 4" strip to make up the difference. After all, it would never be visible, right? Well, I just couldn't talk myself into it so I went back down and bought another $50 panel just so I'd know that something I'd never see was done right. It's a weakness of mine that has cost me a great deal of money over the years.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all good, hopefully they can hook you up. If not it would be easy to put some plasti dip on it I'm sure. Since the silicone is black and the rear glass and overflow are also black I think it actually matches better, but I don't really see the inside often anyway.

The instructions for assembly are horrible though...

Metal_Angler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my white stand only a couple weeks ago and it was white all the way through. Picked up at a LFS through.. Weird they decided to change the interior. Too bad they don't give options before checkout.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a 230.6 and and the inside is black. Can post pics of it later but these are the parts laid out before building. We actually really like it and as mentioned makes it better looking inside and keeps things cleaner.
58146629202__27AC818F-2A31-4D61-9DF9-7B992607EA7E.jpg

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was suppose.to be here last Wednesday. But ups freight lost it. Just got a call today and claiming they actually have it so tomorrow it is going to be delivered. Extra week lost, most like broken or all beat up. But I'll see the stand tomorrow.

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was suppose.to be here last Wednesday. But ups freight lost it. Just got a call today and claiming they actually have it so tomorrow it is going to be delivered. Extra week lost, most like broken or all beat up. But I'll see the stand tomorrow.

The tanks come inside a wooden crate with styrofoam between the glass and wooden crate. The sump is placed inside the tank with styrofoam so everything should be pretty snug and secured. The only way i would see this thing breaking is if UPS dropped the whole pallet from the truck to the ground.

giphy.gif

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahahah video is classic. I'm not holding my breath. Made appointment for Wednesday. Cancelle and rescheduled for Thursday and I called in sick for both. To find out they never had my shipment it was lost and they still rescheduled. Now they found it. I hope its spotless but I'm picturing a shattered box. Or a scratched up box/cabinet. And waterbox doesn't have anymore 130.4 so I'd be waiting for another 8 to 10 weeks. So it's a big da . That video is hilarioua

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahahah video is classic. I'm not holding my breath. Made appointment for Wednesday. Cancelle and rescheduled for Thursday and I called in sick for both. To find out they never had my shipment it was lost and they still rescheduled. Now they found it. I hope its spotless but I'm picturing a shattered box. Or a scratched up box/cabinet. And waterbox doesn't have anymore 130.4 so I'd be waiting for another 8 to 10 weeks. So it's a big da . That video is hilarioua

Hoping the best for you and your tank. Keep us posted!

OP
OP
N2950H

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, hope it works out for you Michael.

I ordered a white 80.4 in mid May and was told 1-2 weeks for delivery. What arrived was a black cabinet so have been waiting for another cabinet to arrive. Never heard anything from LFS so I reached out to WB to get status, they said no white cabinets until July. Then today LFS emails to say they expect it today. Something is fishy, just hope I get to bring it home this week.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We purchased our white 230.4 on 5/22 and received it 3 weeks later. Sorry for your delay. But yes they come well packed

IMG_1041.jpg

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have some sort of coating, not sure what it is, I want to say PVC but I am not 100% sure. I think they said it was UV resistant. It's a very interesting texture.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back