Are white Waterbox stands now black on the inside?

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find the thread again now, but late last night I read a comment here that said the white Waterbox stands now come black on the inside. Can someone please confirm this for me? Their website definitely shows all white cabinets, interior and exterior.

I'm ordering a Frag 80.4 through my LFS tomorrow and wanted a white cabinet, but the white outside / black inside would be a turnoff for me.

Last edited:

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked during the live YouTube show today and they confirmed white stands are white on outside and now black on inside. So there you have it I wanted mine to ship all white. Guess that's out. I'm bummed but well see how it looks in person.

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked during the live YouTube show today and they confirmed white stands are white on outside and now black on inside. So there you have it I wanted mine to ship all white. Guess that's out. I'm bummed but well see how it looks in person.
I placed an order for a Frag 80.4 and should be delivered early next week. Once it arrives I will take a pic if I get the new updated cabinet.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know why they would choose black. That makes it seem darker

im thinking it makes it look cleaner meaning you wont see the dirty sump or bottom of the sump to clean out.. i dont like it either... atleast crossbar should be white... oh well nothing we can do now.... lol

OP
OP
N2950H

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A guy could do that, just irritating to have to DIY a brand new, higher end tank stand. It'll never be as clean as all white from the mfr.

Oh well, first world problems I guess.

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s always
Use white flex seal paint?
If this guy can paint his hair, I don't see why we can paint the stand. :D

paint.gif

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a white 100.3 coming. That stand color changes seem fine to me. Doesn't look to be any difference when the doors are closed and seems like would be a lot less glare when trying to work in the sump.

Back