Are you emotionally attached to any one fish or coral in your tank?

Are you emotionally attached to any one fish or coral in your tank?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, one in particular.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No. Just bummed with any losses

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No. I am heartless, and not sure why I am into reefing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This question popped into my head this morning. My daughter is leaving for college in August, and we were discussing breaking down and selling her 65 gallon cichlid tank and its inhabitants. The tank is gorgeous with huge fish, but mom has already has two reef tanks to clean. The caveat is that she use the funds to purchase a smaller tank to take to her new apartment to house Big Sexy. BS is a Blood Parrot fish that she bought 3 years ago no bigger than a half dollar. Now he is about 5 inches, and has the personality of a Labrador puppy. We are very attached.

Don't get me wrong, I love all my reef livestock, and am completely bummed with any loss, but Big Sexy is on a different level. I felt the same way with a ginormous boxfish I had years ago. I grieved when he died of old age.

My question is are you particularly attached to any one fish are coral in your tank?

D1A59256-3189-4C56-91F2-F39A66490543.jpeg 85D71966-031E-47F2-B277-14272C08B38E.jpeg

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and no. But particularly one of my corals that I’ve have for 13yrs. I wouldn’t say I’m attached but the length of time that I’ve had it, it would be a shame if I lost it.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grieve over the losses of any of my fish and coral, but there are definitely some fish and corals that I am very attached to, such as my clowns, blood parrot, and leporinus, and also my torch coral and lobophytum leather.

ehealy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This question popped into my head this morning. My daughter is leaving for college in August, and we were discussing breaking down and selling her 65 gallon cichlid tank and its inhabitants. The tank is gorgeous with huge fish, but mom has already has two reef tanks to clean. The caveat is that she use the funds to purchase a smaller tank to take to her new apartment to house Big Sexy. BS is a Blood Parrot fish that she bought 3 years ago no bigger than a half dollar. Now he is about 5 inches, and has the personality of a Labrador puppy. We are very attached.

Don't get me wrong, I love all my reef livestock, and am completely bummed with any loss, but Big Sexy is on a different level. I felt the same way with a ginormous boxfish I had years ago. I grieved when he died of old age.

My question is are you particularly attached to any one fish are coral in your tank?

D1A59256-3189-4C56-91F2-F39A66490543.jpeg 85D71966-031E-47F2-B277-14272C08B38E.jpeg
My trigger and now my emperor angel...I love the 2 tangs and clown, but they're not as interactive.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BS is a Blood Parrot fish that she bought 3 years ago no bigger than a half dollar. Now he is about 5 inches, and has the personality of a Labrador puppy. We are very attached.
I recently gave my 2 Blood Parrots (Elmo's about 8 years old and HUGE!) and their tank to my daughter because the grandkids just love them. I miss them like crazy. I occasionally go visit so I can can get affectionately attacked and I can pet them. They love that.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one i am most attached to is a chalice i got as a freebie bot that long ago. Was completely brown and mostly dead i almost threw it out. However the base is turning a nice green with eyes that are mixed neon green and pink. Cant wait to see what a few more months does for it.

Back