Are you happy with your saltwater reef aquarium right now?

Are you happy with your saltwater reef aquarium right now?

• YES (tell us why)

Votes: 139 44.3%
  • NO (tell us why)

Votes: 80 25.5%
  • Somewhat (tell us why)

Votes: 95 30.3%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HEN8589_credit_Enric_Sala_National_Geographic-940x400.jpg

It could partly be the peppermint mocha latte talking but I sure am excited and happy with my tank right now.

For me everything seems to be thriving but most importantly my sps frags are growing and really coloring up nicely! Some of those colors actually look like saturated photos! HA! A few other things that make me really happy.

1. Corals growing and thriving.
2. No coral loss.
3. Algae is virtually non existent.
4. Coralline algae is dominating.
5. Fish are fat and healthy.
6. Glass needs cleaned about every 5 days.

I'm seriously in a sweet spot like I've never experienced in this hobby before. Not sure what the perfect combination of equipment and maintenance is but I'm not touching a thing right now! One thing I have been consistent with is about a 15% water change every 1-2 weeks, changing carbon every 3-4 weeks and cleaning my skimmer when I perform a water change.

What about you? Are you happy at this moment and why? Are you not happy and why?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very happy with my reef right now. My SPS corals are thriving, i'm going through almost 80ML of 2 part a day! Everything is colorful and happy. I've never been so proud of my reef :)
Where's the FTS David?? :D
Yeah Rev! Lets see an updated FTS! :D :D

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the exception of some dang turf algae I can't seem to shake, I'm loving my reef right now. SPS are taking off. Ready to get my "frag shack" up and running, but not looking forward to moving everything out there...

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im pretty happy with how my tank is going at the moment. corals are growing, no algae, everything seems healthy. i have a few issues to sort out but nothing bad. i like to sometimes say my tank is on cruise control lol cause i dont have to constantly mess with things.

niQo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll break the trend: I am not happy at all!

1. Lost 5 out of 10 fish in the last 6 weeks
2. The few acan frags I have are all dying
3. Algae issues are persistent

I’m very frustrated with my tank, but I can’t give up yet!

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am somewhat happy.

I am happy with the health of my tank; the fish are all fat and happy and the corals are showing great color and growth.

But, I am not happy with the overall look, mainly from the aquascape point. The aquascape was thrown together in a hurry because my 125 started to blow a panel and I just never got back in there to make it what I envision my tank looking like and it is too small of a tank for the number and size of fish I have. I also currently have 3 frag racks....I need more space!

IMG_20181106_171437.jpg

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEN8589_credit_Enric_Sala_National_Geographic-940x400.jpg

It could partly be the peppermint mocha latte talking but I sure am excited and happy with my tank right now.

For me everything seems to be thriving but most importantly my sps frags are growing and really coloring up nicely! Some of those colors actually look like saturated photos! HA! A few other things that make me really happy.

1. Corals growing and thriving.
2. No coral loss.
3. Algae is virtually non existent.
4. Coralline algae is dominating.
5. Fish are fat and healthy.
6. Glass needs cleaned about every 5 days.

I'm seriously in a sweet spot like I've never experienced in this hobby before. Not sure what the perfect combination of equipment and maintenance is but I'm not touching a thing right now! One thing I have been consistent with is about a 15% water change every 1-2 weeks, changing carbon every 3-4 weeks and cleaning my skimmer when I perform a water change.

What about you? Are you happy at this moment and why? Are you not happy and why?
The only thing in my tank that I'm proud of is my garf bonsai acro that grows like xenia in the worst conditions possible :confused:

I guess I voted NO: Tell us why. Well my tank crashed 2 or so years ago and anythign still in there has basically been on life support until I can move it to a new tank. I have a gold torch, 2 nice acros that are alive and growing somehow, and some Sunny Ds. 3 fish too and that's about it. The rest is just algae.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really happy with my tank right now. Just trying to raise the Kh from 7.2 to 8. Doing WC 10% weekly with RS Pro.
Only problem I have is some frag plugs doesn't hold on the rock. I'm using Super glue Gel.
I think the emerald crab take it down.

showmebutterfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm somewhat happy with my tank right now. I'd like to have better lighting (currently running a couple of T8s) and possibly a different skimmer. Hopefully I'll have those by the time we upgrade from the current 40B to the 65G that's waiting patiently in our garage.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm, this thread has made me think. I'm not happy with my tank but hadn't really thought about it. I've spent a lot of money the past year and haven't realized a return on my investment in awesomeness. For 4 yrs. I was very happy with my mixed reef, low maintenance, pretty corals. Then last year I decided to take it up a notch and go with acro dominant reef. I've battled nutrients, bryopsis, and recently won my battle with AEFW. So.much.money.gone.

On the bright side, I'm going to just let it ride now and quit cramming frags in every nook and cranny. Let things stabilize and grow. I hope to be very happy with my tank in about 6 months. Fingers crossed.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ftsnov2nd2018.jpg

I am about 8/10 happy. I have a couple of fish that are halfway through QT, knock on wood they will join the tank at the end of the month, and the problems I have will be correct by another reef tank that I hope to get going by the end of the month as well. If you're not happy with your reef start another one! - That probably isn't the best advice but in this case it works for me :)

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ftsnov2nd2018.jpg

I am about 8/10 happy. I have a couple of fish that are halfway through QT, knock on wood they will join the tank at the end of the month, and the problems I have will be correct by another reef tank that I hope to get going by the end of the month as well. If you're not happy with your reef start another one! - That probably isn't the best advice but in this case it works for me :)

That is very nice looking you should be happy..

Me I am not happy but only because I need some coral and time. With such a large build I have not got to my main tank either. Pretty much rock and a few fish for now. I even have a few who want to give me some coral and I can not find the time to pick them up....
Not unhappy because something is wrong, I just need to find time to complete my builds so I can sit back and enjoy.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back