Are you new to the Chattanooga forum?

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello newcomers! We are a local reef club in chattanooga that would love to have you join in our little community here. We have monthly meetings and do group orders throughout the year. please post here when you visit and little about yourself and your tank. We would love to meet you and help in anyway possible!

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea good thread! Post here if your new and from the Chatt or North Ga. area!!

auximage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Droppin in. Already did an intro thread, but again glad to see there are many enthusistic ppl in and around the area. I'm really hoping to get more zoo's in my tank. I like the variety of colors that they can range, and I seem to do well in my setup with them. I'll have to get a pick of the ones that I have now, as I have no clue the 'specific' type they are. I just know that the small piece I bought has since frag'd into to pieces and are growing well.

I just got a couple of new smal frags yest. from the LFS, and if I have as much luck with those as I have the initial ones I put in the tank then I'm going to be a happy man.

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they really have a nice store going. cant beat the selection

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah im new to the site and with talking to a few cerain people i have decided to take down my pointless 14 gal bio cube ive never spent as much time or money on it lol. every one from the chatt area add me so we can talk about things i should know im still new even though ive had a tank for over a year ive just recently been introduced to 5th and starting to go to burmuda and im trying to learn anything i can . im also about to rebuild my 75 gal to a reef tank any pointer im open to suggestions so let me know

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello garth, welcome to the club, We would be glad to discuss tank issues with you. The easiest thing would be to make a list of basic questions you have and we can start answering them for you. infact depending on how much of a hury you are in, if you can make it to our next meeting we can all spend some time discussing options for your next tank.

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep 5th day is awesome!! I just wish I lived a little closer - I haven't been there in a long while! Bermuda is good as well. Not near the coral selection but Jon has some very nice fish and very healthy.

Welcome Garth! As bryan said if you can make it to the next meeting it would be a good opportunity to talk with us about your plans. If not then maybe start a thread on your tank ideas. That way we can keep this thread as an intro thread and keep all the info about your tank in one spot.

Drint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, just dropping in to say Hi, new to the SW world but I'm learning ,, got a 10gal with 1 Blue Damsel 3 BL hermit crabs and 3 turbo snails, got my new light today so I'm Happy;)
Here's a couple pics

Looking forward to learning more and getting some zoa's hopefully soon

Attachments

• New Light.jpg
    New Light.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 364
  • New Light FS.jpg
    New Light FS.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 395
OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to the forrums man, good to see another hobbiest. let us know if you have any questions.
are you local?

Drint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to the forrums man, good to see another hobbiest. let us know if you have any questions.
are you local?

Thanks for the welcome, I live in Rossville GA as far as questions go I do have a couple, was wondering would be a good starter zoa or coral, just got my 36watt T5HO nova extreme today so I have almost 4wpg, just some ideas on hardy beginners and thanks in advance:p

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most zoos and softies fall into the beginner category. talk to donny at fifth day creations and he will sell you some good beginners. or jon at bermuda has some good beginner corals in the small tanks in his store. there are also some other club members who sell frags of there zoos and stuff if you are looking for stuff like that.

Drint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool thx,, Yeah I bought the light at 5th day today actually, so hopefully next week I'll be back to get some zoas or something :D

Drint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if u want some unattractive but very fast growing paly's let me know, ill frag some of mine for ya, gratis of course.

Wow thx,, might have to take ya up on that;), Like I told the guys at 5th day, I'm still very new to this I had a blast just watching the live rock sprout thing out heh, The bug has bitten me and now I'm hooked :D

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.

Let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can help you with.

Brandon

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Drint welcome to the forum - I know what you mean about watching the live rock. When I set up my first reef tank I did the same thing - it's amazing how much life is in there! You should be able to keep some palys, zoas and possibly some leathers or other softies. I have some zoas I could frag for you. I could probably get you a small frag od spaghetti leather to try as well. we should have a meeting a little later in the month - would like to have you attend. I think it will be down your way in catoosa co.

Drint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Drint welcome to the forum - I know what you mean about watching the live rock. When I set up my first reef tank I did the same thing - it's amazing how much life is in there! You should be able to keep some palys, zoas and possibly some leathers or other softies. I have some zoas I could frag for you. I could probably get you a small frag od spaghetti leather to try as well. we should have a meeting a little later in the month - would like to have you attend. I think it will be down your way in catoosa co.

Wow thanks for the offers and the welcomes, would love to attend a meeting , just need to know when and where :marv

clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New the SW experience.

I'm new to Salt Water Aquariums. I've had a couple fresh water aquariums, but we never really enjoyed them. Bought a 55 gallon tank at Christmas, and have been filling it up ever since. I have 2 Yellow Tangs, 1 Blue Regal, 1 starfish that likes snails (wife won't let me get rid of it), 1 yellow tailed damels, 1 white w/black stripes Damsel, 1 fire shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, several snails and hermit crabs. I also have 3 corals that 5th day Creations recommended, all soft corals. With this tank, I am pretty much done adding things I think, except some plants I've been looking at.

As for equipment, I have a Tunze protien skimmer, filter, 2 Power heads, and 2 T5 bulbs. I'm still trying to learn all the terms for what I have.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 46 58.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back