Are you outside the USA and wanting to be part of Secret Santa?

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Ho! Ho! Ho! If you're wanting to participate in Secret Santa 2019, but you're not located in the USA, we have good news!! We are now able to allow all international participants to be part so long as you are ok with shipping outside of your own country. We will do our best to match reefers in similar regions wherever possible (i.e. reefers in Asia with reefers in Asia, reefers in the UK with reefers in the UK), but if that is not possible, you may be matched with someone in another part of the world.

Here's what you should do:

1) Register for the Secret Santa gift exchange by following the steps HERE: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r2r-secret-santa-2019-official-registration-thread.662308/
2) Spread the word to reefers in your region about the Secret Santa exchange and get them to sign up too!

EDIT NOTE: We now have enough international participants to allow everyone to participate!! YAY!! Just know that if we don't have any other participants from your region or country, you may be matched with someone of a different region/country.

Last edited:

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Kindof irritating this wasn't an issue last year but is now, I'm in if it's happening though!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Kindof irritating this wasn't an issue last year but is now, I'm in if it's happening though!
Sorry. I do understand that it's frustrating. It was issues that came up last year that led to the change. The good news is that we're hopeful that we'll have enough participants to make it work. Please help us by letting those reefers in your country know about it so they can participate too.

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Bumping this up for international secret santa participants! Help us make this happen for people in your region!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry. I do understand that it's frustrating. It was issues that came up last year that led to the change. The good news is that we're hopeful that we'll have enough participants to make it work. Please help us by letting those reefers in your country know about it so they can participate too.

Daniel I think it might be worth mentioning how I got around my shipping issue last year. I just ordered everything from the places I wanted to in the US and shipped directly to the person. This skipped any shipping or border issues in the process as shipping was free. Was pretty simple to work around. Although I do feel for my Secret Santa, they had things shipped from the US to Canada and I'm willing to bet it wasn't cheap. But I'm also certain they sent what they did with the full knowledge of this before hand. They could have just sent and Ecertificate for a Canadian online reef store and that would have been just as awesome. IDK I'm really wishing I could participate this year, had tons of fun last year and am pretty bummed that it probably won't be happening.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Daniel I think it might be worth mentioning how I got around my shipping issue last year. I just ordered everything from the places I wanted to in the US and shipped directly to the person. This skipped any shipping or border issues in the process as shipping was free. Was pretty simple to work around. Although I do feel for my Secret Santa, they had things shipped from the US to Canada and I'm willing to bet it wasn't cheap. But I'm also certain they sent what they did with the full knowledge of this before hand. They could have just sent and Ecertificate for a Canadian online reef store and that would have been just as awesome. IDK I'm really wishing I could participate this year, had tons of fun last year and am pretty bummed that it probably won't be happening.
Don't count yourself out yet. ;) I'm working on it. :cool:

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Ho! Ho! Ho! If you're wanting to participate in Secret Santa 2019, but you're not located in the USA, we really want to make this happen!

Unfortunately, due to shipping issues, we need to keep Secret Santa participants located within the same region, but with as many Reef2Reefers as we have located all over the world, I'm confident we can make this happen! But we'll need your help!

Here's what you should do:

1) Make a post in this thread that you'd like to participate and tell us what country you're located in.
2) Spread the word to reefers in your region about the Secret Santa exchange and get them to post up in here too!

As we get enough reefers in a particular region, we'll get things moving for that area.

So far, I already have requests from Canada, Australia, and Asia.
Hi Quebec Canada here

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
I think solution is to international reefer
There could be a solution for international members, this being that you could give / receive credit for e.g. liveaqueria if you live in the USA and reef secrets / livefish.com if you live in Australia.
Yes and may be some can willing to buy from regional website so not going to bother with customs and shipment etc. for me i can buy from any US website and send to gifter

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back