Are you using NOPOX for biological nutrient control? | BRStv Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ducklady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using it on a 180 gallon mix reef (17 fish) I have seen no I'll effect but nitrates still not coming down

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried NOPOX 3 times now with little to no success the first time I had to clean everything my tank an sump from rocks to pipework and anything that the water touched due to white slime that covered everything once that was done I stopped the Nopox but nitrates were still high so in the end went back on it only for after a month there was no reduction in the nitrates socame off it again

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The third time of trying Nopox as I had slightly high phosphate as well and I ended up with cyano so stopped using it again and thought that I would give the new company to the UK a try so I got some Quantum nitrate remover hl (high level) and within a fortnight of using it it went to less than 50 so I then got some Quantum nitrate remover ll (low level) and its near down to where it needs to be. I'm also changing over to their macrobiotic salt which has good reviews.

Tikosyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used nopox for the first 6 months or so of my time being up, nutrients bottomed out and I had a dino outbreak around month 4. I used vibrant to get rid of dinos and they were gone for awhile but now they are back, considering redosing Vibrant. I have since stopped using Nopox due to bottoming out of nutrients. I was down to 2ml per day in a 160g tank anyways.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a moderate bioload in my RSR525.

I started at half the recommended dosage when my nitrates were at 16.

After 6 weeks of slowly increasing my dosage, nitrates are staying under 4.

I agree that going slow, and building up the dosage will help prevent a lot of the problems some folks have with it.

Also, I use Red Sea mesh socks. The bacterial slime for some reason likes those? Every 2 days I swap them out and clean them.

Another great video @BRS

Last edited:

Oliver d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used NOPOX for 3 months and it had no effect on my nitrates or phosphate level since then have started to use my own mix of Vodka /vinegar and my nitrates and phosphate fell to below 10 for nitrate and o.o2 for phosphate.

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using nopox for about 3 yrs now in my 240lt tank. I dose about 2ml per day ( 5 days per week ) and have a steady nitrate level of between 2 - 5 and phos of less than 0.01. You MUST use the dosing chart and not guess.

De Gregoriis Oatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used NOPOX for 3 months and it had no effect on my nitrates or phosphate level since then have started to use my own mix of Vodka /vinegar and my nitrates and phosphate fell to below 10 for nitrate and o.o2 for phosphate.
Hi, how much you dose on what tank volume ?

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it for about 6 months but then my nitrates and phosphates zeroed out and I couldn’t get them to rise. A hairy growth took over the take and I had to treat with reef flux then dose no3 and po4 for months to get measurable levels.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I apply a small squirt 3X per week and great results

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, I've been dosing 1mL per day in my 40 breeder and have obtained no3 of 2ppm and po4 around .04.
Holding constant for 3 weeks now
I want to keep favias, gsp, acans, and chalice. Is this a good nutrient level for these two substances?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, I've been dosing 1mL per day in my 40 breeder and have obtained no3 of 2ppm and po4 around .04.
Holding constant for 3 weeks now
I want to keep favias, gsp, acans, and chalice. Is this a good nutrient level for these two substances?

I would be pretty happy with those numbers as far as nitrates and phosphates go :D

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back