+4 /0 /-0

Surfandturf

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I’ve been using nopox during cycling tanks and continued on. It accelerates the cycle significantly and it’s a handy tool for nutrient control. even in my 140 Gal system that has 0.25 no3 and 0.01 PO4 I still dose 1mil/day just to keep the door open to increasing dose in case I needed it. The only downside I find is the ph drop when it’s dosed but at 1mil now the drop is negligible.
Its interesting to think that you used NOPOX while cycling the tank. I guess it makes sense that it would kickstart your beneficial bacteria. Were there any negative results from adding this while cycling?

Surfandturf

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have used NOPOX on all of my systems for years. I like to feed my corals and fish, make them fat and happy. I continue my regimen of 10% weekly water changes, but I add NOPOX daily except on water change days. As of now, I only have 1 tank, a 125 gallon LPS tank. I feed the corals twice to three times per week , and add amino acids once per week. I use 10 milliliters of NOPX each morning around 6am. Rarely check my nitrates, just look at coral behavior and algae growth to determine if I need more or less. I have also used this in an SPS dominant system for years with no ill effects. I think the only drawback to this product is that you have to stay away from some of the dosing materials as far as tubing due to the alcohol in it. Other than that, I love this stuff and always have it on hand.

Subonidio

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've heard the same sentiments echoed among some reefers who've tried it. I would probably guess that many of those cases could be attributed to overdosing or when the recommended dose is likely too much for the system. I've always found it best practice to start with a half or quarter dose, not only for things like this but even things like medications or cyano removers. With smaller doses you can always scale up, which isn't the opposite with larger doses. :)
If you read the full instructions of red Sea no3po4x cyanobacteria outbreak happens when an imbalance of bacterial colonies outcompetes an other strain .......we All Have cyanobacteria it's just under control undetectable.

Solutions dise different strains of bacterial colonies I use Dr Tim's, waist away ,pristine, and biobacter

Subonidio

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've heard the same sentiments echoed among some reefers who've tried it. I would probably guess that many of those cases could be attributed to overdosing or when the recommended dose is likely too much for the system. I've always found it best practice to start with a half or quarter dose, not only for things like this but even things like medications or cyano removers. With smaller doses you can always scale up, which isn't the opposite with larger doses. :)
If you read the full instructions of red Sea no3po4x cyanobacteria outbreak happens when an imbalance of bacterial colonies outcompetes an other strain .......we All Have cyanobacteria it's just under control undetectable.

Solutions dise different strains of bacterial colonies I use Dr Tim's, waist away ,pristine, and biobac

How often do you buy coral from other hobbyists?

• Very Often

Votes: 77 22.4%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 117 34.0%
  • Very Rare

Votes: 69 20.1%
  • Never

Votes: 69 20.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 3.5%